windcatcher

Your favorite healthy meal??

Fuji apple chicken salad from Panera. yummeeee.

field greens, grilled chicken, roma tomatoes, fuji apple chips, feta, pecans, and some kind of apple vinagrette dressing. .
theres very little feta and only a few pecans. I eat all of the chicken before putting any dressing on the salad.

Ooh that reminds me of another good salad...

greens (your choice), crumbled goat cheese, walnuts, and either strawberries or blueberries (or both). Toss with red wine vinegar and olive oil. Mmmm.....
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

whats hummus?

The most popular food to emerge from the Mediterranean and Middle East regions is Hummus - an exotic blend of pureed chickpeas, lemon, sesame tahini, oil, and spices with added flavors such as roasted garlic, roasted red peppers, scallion and dill.

Hummus (pronounced Hum-es) is traditionally used as a dip with Pita bread, crackers or fresh cut veggies. Many people use hummus as a spread on sandwiches (instead of high cholesterol mayonnaise), as a topping on broiled fish or chicken, on baked potatoes instead of sour cream, or as the main ingredient in a vegetarian sandwich.

Hummus contains no saturated fat, no cholesterol or sugars and is high in protein and fiber. Unlike many foods that are good for you, hummus also tastes great. It is a perfect food for anyone who is concerned about eating well or who is on a low cholesterol diet and doesn't want to sacrifice flavor.

peanut butter and jelly sandwich

no...seriously...my mom makes this kick ass zuchini casserole thing...ill get the recipe tnight and send it to you tomorrow..its got stuffing and vegies in it....sooo gooooood

they may have given me life but skydiving gives me breath
..katie..
http://community.webshots.com/user/goalie85

thats the idea.. its consitency is a little thicker than baby food but similar. I personally enjoy it, but have known people who think it sucks.
It is made with olive oil.. maybe if you replace that with some lard and corn oil it will be more to your liking.

For healthy food I like to eat wholewheat turkey sandwhiches with a lot of greens. salad with olive oil dressing..
some Cashews... lots of fruit...

but local puertorican food is very very good (taste) but usually super unhealthy....
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

hey kitty! :)The first hummus I tried I didn;t like, and a week ago we bought some and I thought I'd give it another try. The kind we got was something like 3 Spicy Pepper or something, sooooooooooo good on whole grain crackers! B|

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

A black bean burrito with tons of green peppers and onions, some hot sauce, lettuce, some guacamole (just a little bit...and it's not THAT bad for you...it's the good fat, right? ;))

Although, I must be getting old. That's what I had for dinner last night, and I had HORRIBLE heartburn.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Veggie lasagna!

cheese mixture
feta
cottage
ricotta
and cheddar
mix all together to spread between layers

Just make or buy your favorite sauce and clean up the veggie drawers in your fridge.
borcoli
zucchini
spinach
shredded carrots
cauliflowers
mushrooms
what ever veggies you like

sauce-pasta-veggies-cheese mixture (repeat)
keep it up till your reach the top of your highest pan

top with more shredded cheese (mozzarella & parmesan mabye?!)

It makes a lot and you can freeze it in smaller portion for microwave emergencies

Enjoy