GogglesnTeeth

Tandem Factories.........

Well, thankfully I've never had the Clap!!!
I"m just pissed at my nearest DZ.... "no tandems, no jumping" "Empty slot on a tandem load, solo skydive." "Tandems are here, you are bumped...... again, and again, and again...."
Up-Jumpers are customers too, and the best advertisers!!!!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr >:(
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

Or become a tandem instructor.:D

I'm working my way to that........ almost half way to the magic 500 number. Hard to build numbers when you work weekend evenings, and are constantly getting bumped due to tandems. I know tandems are the money maker, but there needs to be a balance, and the owner has over time chased off all the upjumpers. I guess I'm gonna be the next one "The Angry French Woman" chases off. The land owner and pilot said it used to be very busy before she got there. Now it only has the one c-182, and has trouble filling it.
Goggles and Teeth

I agree with your feelings toward "tandem factories" when they are small, Cessna DZ's. I think tandems are great for the big centers where the tandem passengers and their instructors are no bother to the rest of the jumpers and their revenue makes some of the cool shit possible these days. But at the small DZ, they are a pain and really don't bring very many new jumpers into the sport. I am a tandem instructor at a small DZ, but I refuse to allow tandems to overrun our DZ.

....with a capital P and that rhymes with T and that spells TROUBLE!!!

I agree with your feelings toward "tandem factories" when they are small, Cessna DZ's. I think tandems are great for the big centers where the tandem passengers and their instructors are no bother to the rest of the jumpers and their revenue makes some of the cool shit possible these days. But at the small DZ, they are a pain and really don't bring very many new jumpers into the sport. I am a tandem instructor at a small DZ, but I refuse to allow tandems to overrun our DZ.

Bill, we need anybody........if they wear a parachute of course.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Or become a tandem instructor.:D

I'm working my way to that........ almost half way to the magic 500 number. Hard to build numbers when you work weekend evenings, and are constantly getting bumped due to tandems. I know tandems are the money maker, but there needs to be a balance, and the owner has over time chased off all the upjumpers. I guess I'm gonna be the next one "The Angry French Woman" chases off. The land owner and pilot said it used to be very busy before she got there. Now it only has the one c-182, and has trouble filling it.

Hi G&T

It's called reality[:/] Read what you wrote above:|

You'r pissing in the wind and bitching about getting wet[:/]

Some other "big" folks from your Dz saw the writeing on the wall a long time ago and started to travel the the big DZ in the south and now there happy campers in spite of that B| drive.

Leave home early, go home late, car pool, sleep over, who knows maybe you'l be a happy camper.

Good luck with whatever you choose, your in control not the Tandem factory.B|

R.I.P.

I feel your pain. I spent 7 hours at the DZ today and managed to only get on two loads before I had enough. Lately the DZ hasn't been a very fun place to be on weekends. Lot's of frustrated fun jumpers not having any fun. [:/]

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Hey Slug,
quit trying to start fights, we have talked about this before.
I have in the past continued to try and jump at this fucking tandem factory to try and improve it, to help it in what way I can.
I have tried to call other up-jumpers in the area to get them to jump there, to try and make this place what it could be.... but they are as sick of "the angry french woman" as I am.
I guess this place will eventually go under, and that is sad, because it could be a really nice DZ.
Goggles and Teeth

I've seen DZ's I really, really liked get shut down for one reason or another, the latest one a county zoning issue. Put some gas in the car, camping gear in the back and hit the road. You'll get the jumps you need. Trying to change a DZO's attitude is usually an losing proposition. True change comes from within.

I have in the past continued to try and jump at this fucking tandem factory to try and improve it, to help it in what way I can.

Corey,

You cant win on one of these.. the DZO in this case probably sees the $$$$PROFIT$$$$.. Greed is good... its a capitalist society thats the way those folkjs were broiught up by their mommies.. get over it.

Just like a local DZ here... where the DZO tells you right up front he does not give a shit about experienced jumpers because he can only make a reasonable profit as opposed to a killing off the suckers. You cant change someone with that kind of attitude. you just go elsewhere and.. like the one locally... only the experienced people working for the DZO with a vested interest in making their meager part of the scraps and the deluded students who start there and know no better will remain. Those experienced people do not really care if they get to do any fun jumps with thier friends.. except for the sunset load bone the DZO throws to his little dogs at the end of the day. Because for them its turned into a JOB.... and they cant possibly rock the boat.

GO someplace that has the attitude that EVERYONE can have fun... from the Tandems to the experienced jumpers and you can get on loads with friends and spend your off hours doing what you love.. instead of it taking a backseat to a DZO's GREED.

Sweet. Now you have not only insulted the DZO again, but you went after the whole DZ and people you said were your friends. Isn't the horse dead yet?

"If you have time to panic, you have time to do something more productive."
Josh Whipple 7/15/70-2/10/05

"The Angry French Woman"

I completed my AFF with her. I know the "other" owner you are talking about and he finished my AFF for me. I put in about 200 jumps with them a couple of years ago. If you don't like them, they probably don't like you, go to Clewiston.:D

Hey Slug,
quit trying to start fights, we have talked about this before.
I have tried to call other up-jumpers in the area to get them to jump there, to try and make this place what it could be.... but they are as sick of "the angry french woman" as I am.
I guess this place will eventually go under, and that is sad, because it could be a really nice DZ.

Hi G&T

Not trying to start a fight, just calling it the way we see it.

There was a letter to the editor in parachutist a long time ago. The author basicaly said If you not happy don't bitch just stay home. iow it's their football if you want to play with them they make the rules.

The sport is still in a flux, only so many people can afford to spend the Big $$$. My guess is the industry will see less fun jumpers:( and more tandems.

R.I.P.