AggieDave

Profile changes... :(

Well, I've had to further clean my profile out today. It was used in an attempt to discredit me outside of skydiving. Things are going well, but I'm the next in a line of people who have had their DZ.com correspondance used or attempted to be used against them in their real lives.

So even my D number has been taken off my profile as well as my IM screen name, the state I live in and my home DZ. Although any idiot could figure it out, I just didn't want that information saved in my profile anymore.

Be careful out there, even if you don't think what you're saying could be used against you someone might still try.

No offense but I have no sympathy for anybody who provides any type of personal information on the internet and has it used against them. Everything on the internet is public info up for grabs. There are a lot of naughty people on the internet doing naughty things. The internet has now been around long enough that people should know by now no matter what the forum is you shouldnt post any type of personal info, no matter what it is.:S

No offense but I have no sympathy for anybody who provides any type of personal information on the internet and has it used against them.

DZ.com is special in that way - the only credability someone has is their license number or dropzone, so its needed. Granted AggieDave's been here a while and everyone knows him, so its not needed in his case.

When someone uses that information its called Blackmail - which can be a crime. Its happened to me, I hope to god it doesn't happen to you. You won't know a sense of insecurity until your employers are called and your SS# is stolen - things that ARE NOT found on the internet in your profile unless someone is looking for them.

But if it does happen to you - I'll be sure to not have any sympathy for you :S

Jen
Arianna Frances

It wasn't any sort of personal info that was worth a darn. It was my D number, my name, my state and home DZ.

I've been connected (BBSes, then the internet, then the web) since 1987, I understand whats going on, but this just brought things to a whole new level.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

DZ.com is special in that way - the only credability someone has is their license number or dropzone, so its needed

Disagree...DZ.com isnt special in any way, it is an internet chat forum just like the millions of others out there on the internet. Some people seem to get caught up in your way of thinking and make this website perhaps a little more personal than it should be.

You are telling me you have to have a license number and DZ posted in order to have any credibility on this site? Once again, I disagree.

Nothing personal but I dont care if I didnt receive sympathy from you nor would i expect it.

DZ.com is special in that way - the only credability someone has is their license number or dropzone, so its needed

Disagree...DZ.com isnt special in any way, it is an internet chat forum just like the millions of others out there on the internet. Some people seem to get caught up in your way of thinking and make this website perhaps a little more personal than it should be.

You are telling me you have to have a license number and DZ posted in order to have any credibility on this site? Once again, I disagree.

Nothing personal but I dont care if I didnt receive sympathy from you nor would i expect it.

This is just another internet chat forum? Like millions of others?

What you post on the others rarely has an effect on daily life. What is posted here very likely could mean the difference between life and death for a reader. Those here that hide behind ficticiouts names and personnas are not taken as credible, and rightfully so. I tend to listen to those that I trust, and anonamous trolls are not one of them.

Also, unlike those "millions of others," though this website I have met literally hundreds of other persons, all of them REAL skydivers, not fake personnas, from literally around the world. Many of them do not post, or post very little, but know me for my posts, openness, and honesty.

Take your "like millions of others," and shove it.
:P
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Yes. Ok, maybe not millions, how about hundreds of thousands?

What you post on the others rarely has an effect on daily life. What is posted here very likely could mean the difference between life and death for a reader.

If a reader dies because of something he has read about or learned on THIS BOARD then that person has it coming. Anybody that relies on the internet for potential life saving information is a complete jackass.

Those here that hide behind ficticiouts names and personnas are not taken as credible, and rightfully so. I tend to listen to those that I trust, and anonamous trolls are not one of them.

Have you noticed that even those that are viewed as "credible" still suggest and recommend that everyone check offline with their instructors?

Also, unlike those "millions of others," though this website I have met literally hundreds of other persons, all of them REAL skydivers, not fake personnas

You're right, this is the only board on the internet that has provided people the ability to develop offline relationships. Step away from DZ.com please, you are becoming way to delerious.:S

Where would you like me to shove it?:P

Yes. Ok, maybe not millions, how about hundreds of thousands?

No really, you were probably right. Millions of others, yet very few like this one. Fark this is NOT.

What you post on the others rarely has an effect on daily life. What is posted here very likely could mean the difference between life and death for a reader.

If a reader dies because of something he has read about or learned on THIS BOARD then that person has it coming. Anybody that relies on the internet for potential life saving information is a complete jackass.

Rely? Never said that. Simple suggestion is all it takes, especially to newbies. That's whay there are moderators, and plenty of sane people, to correct the trolls, and hopefully not let "as much" bad information out there.

Those here that hide behind ficticiouts names and personnas are not taken as credible, and rightfully so. I tend to listen to those that I trust, and anonamous trolls are not one of them.

Have you noticed that even those that are viewed as "credible" still suggest and recommend that everyone check offline with their instructors?

Can you show me where I disagree? I see lots of suggestions in the Photography forums, and I'm not even gonna touch the BASE stuff. What instructors for those?

Also, unlike those "millions of others," though this website I have met literally hundreds of other persons, all of them REAL skydivers, not fake personnas

You're right, this is the only board on the internet that has provided people the ability to develop offline relationships. Step away from DZ.com please, you are becoming way to delerious.:S

If that's the way you interpret that statement, I really do feel sorry for you. I have met many people from this board that I would never have met without it, period. This obviousl;y isn't the only board to do that, but name another one with as mush pull in our community. Go ahead, try.

Where would you like me to shove it?:P

I think you already know, and I shouldn't say outloud. It might get used against me with my pofile information.
It's your life, live it!

Damn. Hate to hear it Dave. I still miss PhillyKev around here. Anybody hear from him?

linz

Well, I've had to further clean my profile out today. It was used in an attempt to discredit me outside of skydiving. Things are going well, but I'm the next in a line of people who have had their DZ.com correspondance used or attempted to be used against them in their real lives.

So even my D number has been taken off my profile as well as my IM screen name, the state I live in and my home DZ. Although any idiot could figure it out, I just didn't want that information saved in my profile anymore.

Be careful out there, even if you don't think what you're saying could be used against you someone might still try.

--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

This is the internet, no more no less. I find it amazing how many people get so wrapped up in this website. It is a great place to kill time, have some laughs and bullshit with some people whom you may already know or may not know or plan to get to know. That is all it is. There are no written rules here that have any effect on life away from your computer. No matter what the forum, if it is on the internet it is never a wise idea to share any personal info that could be used by anybody to track you down. Its as simple as that. This website is no different than any other website out there.

There are no written rules here that have any effect on life away from your computer. No matter what the forum, if it is on the internet it is never a wise idea to share any personal info that could be used by anybody to track you down. Its as simple as that. This website is no different than any other website out there.

All true...but not everyone KNOWS that!

And since you are still continuing to argue...you too are one of the people you are amazed at for being "Wrapped Up" in this website!;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

All true...but not everyone KNOWS that!

And since you are still continuing to argue...you too are one of the people you are amazed at for being "Wrapped Up" in this website!;)

You got me there;) I am such a little fucking antagonist:ph34r:

Are you arguing with Spectre again ? :)

Don

BWAHAHAHA!!!

Now, THAT was funny!
:D
It's your life, live it!

Hi AD

Thanks for taking the time to give us the heads up. sorry to hear you had a problem.

We cleaned out our profile about two years ago , just started to get some bad vibes.

If there's any doubt about "the way people are" the response to your post should take care of that :(

R.I.P.

Don

WHOA FUCK!! Funks = Spectre230?

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Don

WHOA FUCK!! Funks = Spectre230?

heh, probably not, but just as pointless. That's what makes it so funny.
It's your life, live it!

Well that really sucks!![:/] I'm new to the sport and enjoy knowing who I'm talking to and who I have talked to at a DZ. For all the people who don't list their names, it's weird. But hey, if you feel you have to keep that off your profile, then I guess you do.

Orfun #21... thanks PsychoBob!

That totally sucks, Dave!

Sorry to hear that someone is so low and pathetic as to try and cause trouble for you in real life.

Man...actually...I think I feel more sorry for the person that took something from the internet and has such a sorry life that they have to cause trouble for you in the real world.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.