ACMESkydiver

How many times should you have DIED already?

Me? 4. I guess that leaves me 5 more lives. B|

12 years old car accident (I did die for a minute, technically...:|)
22 years old boating that should have been an accident
24 years old phantom semi from nowhere that we can't remember how we ended up on the other side of
29 years old the cut away that was supposed to take me out before I turned 30 the next day

How many lives have you used up? :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

10 lives.i guess should have been dead by 16..have a gardian angel,,i guess or just lucky

lucky

Lets see...a quick list from just the past 5 years only.

1. Got out of spinning line twists at 500ft (lost alti awareness), that was 3 yrs ago.

2. "Forced landing" from the engine cutting out at 200' on take off. That was a few years ago.

3. Bonfire collapse in Nov 1999 (long story).

Well, the list could actually go on, but I've got more studying to do tonight.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

1. Doing a bandit demo with way to few jumps, and was landing on a road between two huge rows of pines and had my canopy collapse at @ 30 ft.... (turned out all I got was a BAD sprain and horse shit all over my jump suit and rig......)

2. Second B"A"SE jump.....
Flipped and spun on exit and was facing the "A" when I dumped.... rear risers got me around the steal, but it was only luck when It happened

3.driving a motorcycle that I had no buisness driving. I really fucked up with that one..... I still dont know why I'm still here after that one (see pic's)....
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

The day I was born... had umbilical cord wrapped around my neck, my mom had an emergency C-section

The years that encompassed me living at home with my brothers... countless numbers of times I should have died, just following them around and copying what they were doing.

17 years old was inner tubing behind a boat with a girlfriend of mine, somehow when we fell off the tow rope was wrapped around my leg and i was being dragged underwater for a good little bit...I was also lucky I did not break or have my leg pulled completely from my body.

26 years old I was hospitalized for food poisoning. They thought I had a stomach virus and instead of the 1 and 1/2 liters they pumped back into me, it was 8 1/2 liters.

I think about death on a daily basis. I think that's what motivates me to go out and do extreme things and things that I can hopefully get away with. ;)

I've had some near-death experiences, but I honestly don't believe I "should" have died on those days. I believe that wasn't my day to die.

But if we're counting from nine, I think I probably have seven left. One went two years ago when I got hit by a car as a pedestrian. Another went two weeks ago when I passed out under canopy. I fully recovered from the first and somehow wasn't injured from the second.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Too many to think about.

1 Wrapped a guy wire on a BASE jump.
2 Lost all vacuum in a Beech Baron while IFR.
3 Had a premature deployment while laying on the wing of an RV-4 at 500ft, hanging up on the tail and destroying the canopy.
4 Several very close calls doing AFFI jumps
5 Went down to tunnel vision and couldn't lify my hands to the cutaway handle under malfunctioning FX-79.
6 Had the tail rotor of an AH-64A Apache miss me by inches after I hit the deck at night in the desert
7 Had a knife pulled on me (Don't bring a knife to a gunfight)
8 Free climbed a wet, icy, and snowy North Face of Longs Peak
9 800 tandems jumps enough said:P
10 Hit sand followed shortly thereafter by the curb on a motorcycle.

There's more, but I'm trying to forget them:|

Derek

Too many to remember.... and the double mal back in the late 70's should have killed me... we are talking warm bright light at the end of the tunnel here.
Having my regulator malfunction inside a freakin wreck.. that was really close too.

Kissing a rock at 25mph upside down in my kayak in 40 drgree class 5 water.. came up bleeding profusely... and being really dazed.. not even knowing I was bleeding that bad.. others were scared to death for me.

Well you get the idea.[:/]

I've used up.....

1. 18 months, double skull fracture from a one story freefall and one point land (on my head on concrete)

2. 11yrs, tripped and had a bit of a traumatic brain thingie and kind of an out of body thingie when I opened my skull on a sharp pointy concrete thing at the park.

3. 15yrs, bike accident that could have ended poorly

4. 16 or 17yrs, "Overhead pass" on a car doing 55 (climb out one side, over the top and back in the other side.... and the driver kinda didn't know what my plans were at the time.....) bad planning

5. (umm.... low pull, two canopies out, at about 30 some jumps....)

possibly a couple other poor decisions, but those are the big ones that my mom remembers.

My philosophy is that I should have died at 18 months... or even that this is all a coma and I'm making this up myself. (my own personal vanilla skies..... hmmmm.... Tom Cruise......)

edit to add-airtwardo wins.:D

Me? 4. I guess that leaves me 5 more lives. B|How many lives have you used up? :)

Many, many times. 3 this year alone very close and scary for me. Thanks to those who supported me through them. [:/]

I go through life missing close call after close call like I have a target on my ass. Hundreds or more times have I almost died. People who know me would be quick to agree. I guess I am still meant to be here for some wacko reason. :S

um...once.:D

I mean after the real thing that's it right?
anyway if you consider we ALL jump out of airplanes I guess you could just count your jump numbers.

I've been shot at and in some butt puckering situations but I dont care to try to remember them all:D
My photos

My Videos

1. In Korea, standing on the back of a PATRIOT missile launcher, supervising the loading of live missiles for training purposes the canister slipped off the pins while the forklift was holding it, the skids missed my face (a canister weighs 3750lbs so thats a hell of a blow) by inches and almost knocked me backwards onto the metal plates the launchers sit on.

2. Car pulled out in front of me on my motorcycle, I squeezed between it and the curb but locked up the rear wheel due to inexperience at the time and caused a high-side after contacting the curb with the rear wheel vaulting me into the air and into the middle of very heavy traffic. I was damn lucky a car didn't hit me.

3. Racing ahead of my friends so I could pull off and take pictures as they passed I noticed a car slowing down for apparently no reason on a 2 lane country road. I hit the gas (already doing 3x posted limit) and passed the car on the left as it turned left into my lane. I was doing approx 130mph and cleared it by about a foot. As I looked behind me I saw death laugh heartily with the realization that the car did indeed signal to turn, but its rear blinker was burned out. Not cool at all.

4. Break off from an 8-way, tracked extra long for separation, realized I was getting a little low, weak toss caused PC hesitation, as I look over my shoulder to see what's up, PC clears burble, opens into spinning line twists, going low now... kicking out, check alti, still kicking out... cleared them by 900. Probably should have just chopped that. Made one more jump, then sat out the rest of the day to think about it. Jump 70-something I think.
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

Technically, I should never have died. It wasn't my time. Now how many times have I been very lucky, well...
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

4. Break off from an 8-way, tracked extra long for separation, realized I was getting a little low, weak toss caused PC hesitation, as I look over my shoulder to see what's up, PC clears burble, opens into spinning line twists, going low now... kicking out, check alti, still kicking out... cleared them by 900. Probably should have just chopped that. Made one more jump, then sat out the rest of the day to think about it. Jump 70-something I think.

I resemble that remark...
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=273077#273077
Shoulda killed me.
Also, totalling my Yamaha FZR600, TWICE, before my wife convinced me to sell it. I usually wear body armor leathers and a snell helmet, but oh no, not those 2 times.
Shoulda killed me, twice.

Then there was that lot lizard in Texarkana....
yup, shoulda killed me, but at least i woulda had a big freaking smile on my face....
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1