swedishcelt

if you've had a broken ankle

Honestly, it depends so many different things- how severe the break, how much soft tissue damage, surgery or no surgery, your overall health and attitude and just plain luck. I know its hard bu try and be a little more patient.

I dunno exactly what you class as ankle but i broke my right fib/tib way down near the bottom of my leg, almost in the joint. Infact i broke the ball off the bone on the inside (i always forget which is fib and which is tib).

It took me fully six months before i was jumping again. That's after spending six weeks in a cast and doing extensive physio after it came off.

I spent another few weeks on two crutches after the cast came off and then another few on one crutch. I still jump with an ankle guard on and the metal, six screws and a plate in one side and one screw in the other come out in 7 months or so.

It really sucks sitting on the sidelines but you need to rest that bad boy and make sure it's healed before you do anything hectic on it.

Other than that, hope you heal up fast :)

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

it took 6 months before i got metal out. 8.5 month untill i could work part time but only 8 month before i made my next jump:P

i had a badly open fib n tib fratura by the way:)
dont look at the pics if you dont like to look at injuryes or if you cant take it while eating(even as theese are moderate pics:))
http://www.nfye.com/faber/albums/Fuckups/Bokenbones1.jpg
http://www.nfye.com/faber/albums/Fuckups/Brokenbones2.jpg
http://www.nfye.com/faber/albums/Fuckups/brokenbones5.jpg

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

fractured my fibula in two places...was jumping in 2 months.

broke tib/fib, gotta plate 8 pins and 2 screws...doc said i couldn't jump for six months, told him i'd give him four...i'm not a very good patient.;)

alot is up to you, bones heal relatively fast, it's the damage to tendons that take the most time, work hard in therapy. for both breaks i was working it out on my own before therapy was even prescribed.

your pain threshold will also play an important part on how hard you push it.

did you break your ankle skydiving?

How long did it take you to get completely on your feet and walking again? I am getting impatient.

I say amputate and get on with life.:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I was in a splint thing for two weeks. Moved to a hard cast for six weeks. Then had a walking boot for another 6 weeks. It took about 3 weeks with the walking boot until I could walk without the crutches.

I broke it August 1st and I started work again on November 18th. I work in a job that requires me standing the whole time. I could only stand for maybe 2 hours without it hurting so bad and swelling to the size of a watermelon.

Here it is more than a year later and I'm back in physical therapy and it still swells after working 8 hours. It sucks.
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

How long did it take you to get completely on your feet and walking again? I am getting impatient.

hmmm.. broke it the friday before Rantul '03, had surgery some time in August, was under my own power by late October, walking normal by January,
healed: It will probably never heal. I still limp my way out of bed most days...:|

BUT! I had major soft tissue damage, and very little bone damage. that was my problem.

good luck, I know I almost went insane. ;)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I had a bad sprain years ago that's still bothering me--probably because I didn't wait long enough before starting to run again (only 6 months).. :S Apparently, I'd have been better off breaking my ankle, though either way, I wish I'd just stayed in and not gone running in the ice/slush in the first place :$..

This injury sounds like it needs a lot of TLC.. Why don't you find sports you can do lying down, until you can jump again :ph34r::)!!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

This injury sounds like it needs a lot of TLC.. Why don't you find sports you can do lying down, until you can jump again :ph34r::)!!

I would but currently I am a non-religious nun. :|;)

Surely you're not suggesting anything naughty?!! I meant something like sit-ups, crunches--stuff like that.. SHAME ON YOU.. :P
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Hey girl...keep your chin up...I broke my ankle back in May...still haven't made a jump yet. I am hoping that will change in the next week or two!!
"His dick is ringing!" Female Skydiver

"Well...answer it!!!" Male Skydiver

I snapped my left Fibula at the beginning of November. I waited one week for the surgery, a plate and six screws. I had one month in a cast, one month in a moon boot, one month of physical therapy and I was back in the sky.

I would but currently I am a non-religious nun. :|;)

Surely you're not suggesting anything naughty?!!I meant something like sit-ups, crunches--stuff like that.. SHAME ON YOU.. :P

Since I am celibate I naturally thought of the most innocent angle. :)Re: [Faber] if you've had a broken ankle [In reply to]

sex whith broken body parts is perfect,you´ll have your partner to do all the hard work

What is sex? :o

May 1975 - Broke my left ankle in an outfield collision while playing softball in high school. Cast up to my knee, was walking on it within six weeks, the cast was removed soon afterward. Some pain, but I could get around okay.

September 1982 - Broke my right ankle on my first jump (static line T-10, brain fart on the PLF.) Cast to my thigh for about six weeks, then cut down to my knee for another six-ish weeks.

Note - The same doctor treated me both times. After the second incident, he said I shouldn't be jumping out of airplanes. I asked "Why didn't you tell me to give up baseball?"

Cheers & a speedy recovery,

Jon S.

What is sex? :o

Well you see sweetie, when two grown ups love each other sometimes they need a special way to express that love. Let Daddy tell you a little story about the Birds and the Bees.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."