masterrig

U.S.P.A. revokes 1800Skyride.com membership...

While looking at the ASC forum, I noticed two things:

-They worship 1800Skyride

and

-They dislike dz.com

Odd.

Not surprising. Everybody who have dissed Skyride on ASC's forum have gotten their posts or threads deleted as well as been banned. They're a heck of a lot less flexible than DZ.com as far as free speech goes. Yet they diss DZ.com all the time. Big deal, they suck anyway. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Advocate billy..lol Most of the ASC peeps are at the farm now. Seems like the farm may need to get an otter:)
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

While looking at the ASC forum, I noticed two things:

-They worship 1800Skyride

and

-They dislike dz.com

Odd.

You missed one thing from the same thread - they like to edit posts to promote one of the cardinal sins here. The image they promote on their forums is childish at best. Luckily for them is that most of their whuffo customers don't read their forums before spending money there.

Well I started doing manifest this season and only really started jumping this season, but I got my first skyride call. I was surprised, didn't really read up on them, just glanced through the threads here. I was pretty unfamiliar so I talked to the chick. Convo went like this.

"So you have two customers who want to jump next weekend?"

"Yes"

"Ok... now do they pay us, or have they paid you?"

"They have already paid"

"Well you'll have to talk to the DZO then, and he's up in the plane. I'll have him call you back"

They called Sunday, so I guess they are still in business or at least trying to be.

I wonder when these guys will get put out of business. Have they been reported to the Better Business Bureau? I noticed that their website is still up. I can't imagine the numerous people that are getting screwed by this place. I know our DZ in the past had some poor souls who got taken by those guys.

Chris

Chris
--------
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy s#$* what a ride!'"

What? You mean the N.S.A. (National Skydiving Association) isn't real? :ph34r::D

I like this line in the "Why choose ASC?" page:

When the National Skydiving League needed a venue for the EASTERN NATIONAL SKYDIVING CHAMPIONSHIPS, the choice was easy, they chose Atlanta Skydiving Center

:D Well of COURSE they did!:D:D:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I like this line in the "Why choose ASC?" page:

When the National Skydiving League needed a venue for the EASTERN NATIONAL SKYDIVING CHAMPIONSHIPS, the choice was easy, they chose Atlanta Skydiving Center

:D Well of COURSE they did!:D:D:D

That's pretty funny. Now that their link with the USPA has been severed, how long until ASC proclaims itself a 5 star (ala PADI) jump center of the NSA?

Have they been reported to the Better Business Bureau?

Yes. Many times over. The BBB has no legal authority to do much of anything.

I noticed that their website is still up.

Which one.. They have 100`s under every name imaginable.

The reality is they are still making money like crazy and probably will continue to do so. They had close to 100 tandems last Saturday alone at ASC.

The BBB and/or USPA will have very little effect on them, however hopefully someday someone will do something about their Criminal activities like Fraud and Theft of Tullahoma’s 800 number.

The USPA action will have almost no effect on them but as a member I am glad they are no longer recognized as a group member.

The reality is they are still making money like crazy and probably will continue to do so. They had close to 100 tandems last Saturday alone at ASC.

i didnt see the otter take off once on sunday.

i was in the mountains on sat though.

As mentioned above and confirmed with Ed Scott at the PIA meeting this weekend.
Chutingstar is still a group member in good standing. He would have lost his group membership only because he has to be affilitated with a group member DZ and ASC's group membership, as well as the other two owned by Ben and Cary, was revoked. By associating with skydive the farm he is still a group member in good standing.

This came up during the consideration of Mike's application for PIA affiliate membership, which was approved.

PIA Membership committee Co-chair

Good to know on the PIA membership! Thanks for the information...looking forward to being a PIA member for many years to come.

Mike
ChutingStar.com