swedishcelt

Read any good books lately?

I'm working on The Know It All by AJ Jacobs. It's fun.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0743250605/ref=lpr_g_1/104-6436958-5135939?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I just finished, "The Crisis of Islam" by Bernard Lewis. Really enjoyed it, would highly recommend it.

After that I find myself re-reading the 20 book series by Patrick O'brian on his character "Captain Jack Aubry". Today I'm on book 5. You may have seen or heard of the movie "Master and Commander" that was book 7, I believe.

Also open by my bed is "The Little book of Letting Go". by Hugh Prather.

Good Luck,

Mo

I just read "Horton Hears a Who".

Made me cry....

Horton hatches the egg is also a classic,
I think my favorite it The Trouble I Had In Getting To Solla Sellew though.
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

I just finished a business book calledGood to Great by Jim Collins. Collins and his team of researchers began their quest by sorting through a list of 1,435 companies, looking for those that made substantial improvements in their performance over time. They finally settled on 11--including Fannie Mae, Gillette, Walgreens, and Wells Fargo--and discovered common traits that challenged many of the conventional notions of corporate success.

And I finally got around to finishing The Da Vinci Code. :D

I've been re-reading the Liaden series by Lee and Miller... will be re-reading Elizabeth Moon's "Paksenarrion" books probably next week... Then, after that, Timothy Zahn's new "Thief and Dragon" series.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'm currently reading Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond.

It's a look at why Europeans rose to colonize and dominate all the other continents. This isn't some KKK treatise, the author goes out of his way to establish that in the intro or 1st chapter.

A great book I just got is called You, The Owners Manual. It is by Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen. My sister just gave it to me. It is about how your body works and what you should do live and long prosperous and healthy life. Unlike South Beach or something like that it is from the heart surgeons that operated on Bill Clinton. I think everyone should own this book.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060765313/102-1348101-1367326?v=glance

A great book I just got is called You, The Owners Manual. blah blah blah I think everyone should own this book.

those authors were on Oprah and they were both shorter than her! she also thought everyone should ownthe book.

wait.

ashy = oprah?

For fun, I'm currently reading:

"Shadow Divers" - story of some deep-wreck divers that discovered a U-boat of the coast of New Jersey and risked their lives to dive it. I heard a few of them got killed, but I'm not to the end of it. It's a bit over-dramatic, but some of the details are fascinating.

"An Oral History of the Armenian Genocide" - the first genocide of the 20th century (pre-WW1) committed by the Turks against the Armenians, who were so poor, none of them wrote it down, so they had to interview the survivors. To this day, the Turks still denied it ever happened.

The rest of my reading is all about real-estate law these days ;)
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

james patterson is great - i just finished the beach house not too long ago

in the middle of davinci code

two other great ones are the lovely bones

and the way of the wise guy ;)
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me