weegegirl

Skydive Midwest: Fun Hybrid Pictures

Thats lake michigan.

Its just south of milwaukee.

I refuse to jump at that DZ because it's A HUGE skyride DZ.

~Derrick

edit: to watch what I am saying, anyhow ya you can catch my drift on this one. whatever.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Ignore the Skyride bullshit. That dropzone is great. It's full of really nice real people, who love the sport, and are trying to start up something cool. They are growing fast and having fun while doing it. I doubt that number is even remotely accurate. Most of their students come from their own advertising... a billboard that they have sitting on the side of the Interstate. Lots of people drive by and see them since the end of the runway is right their on the highway. The view is gorgeous and they have a really nice KingAir.

Don't listen to the political trash talk. Check it out yourself. I do not think you will be disappointed. I personally can't stand Skyride... like most folks. This is a good dropzone with good people.

Ignore the Skyride bullshit. That dropzone is great. It's full of really nice real people, who love the sport, and are trying to start up something cool. They are growing fast and having fun while doing it. I doubt that number is even remotely accurate. Most of their students come from their own advertising... a billboard that they have sitting on the side of the Interstate. Lots of people drive by and see them since the end of the runway is right their on the highway. The view is gorgeous and they have a really nice KingAir.

Don't listen to the political trash talk. Check it out yourself. I do not think you will be disappointed. I personally can't stand Skyride... like most folks. This is a good dropzone with good people.

Heh even one of the planes they fly is part owned by Skyride et. al. *sigh*

They used to not even let fun jumpers jump there at all. Some of my friends went to check it out and sat 2 hours watching tandems land.

I'll leave it at that. I just wanted to tell people what the lake was and pass a word of warning about the dropzone. By all means go check it out yourself and see what its like there. I am not going to tell anyone they shouldn't go someplace.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Andre Pieterse. And I know you know that. :P

Grrrr... this is annoying. So, it's a great dz. I had fun. Made lots of fun jumps. Helped out on staff for a week. Nice view. Met and partied with some great people.

Let's get over this, people. Look at the pictures again.... that was a sweet skydive. That's all I really care about. Finding cool people to jump with in cool places.

It was nice to meet you, Andy. I wasn't up there long enough to deal with politics (thank God!). I was just the recipient of some great hospitality and a very fun vacation.

Hope we all get to make some jumps together sometime.

Peace.

Andre Pieterse. And I know you know that. :P

Grrrr... this is annoying. So, it's a great dz. I had fun. Made lots of fun jumps. Helped out on staff for a week. Nice view. Met and partied with some great people.

Let's get over this, people. Look at the pictures again.... that was a sweet skydive. That's all I really care about. Finding cool people to jump with in cool places.

It does look cool and I am sure you had a great time. I just wanted to point out that this dropzone has been supported by the deceptive practices of skyride and the machine that is ASC. Positive advertising for people that associated with skyride is money in thier pocket. I am not here to bash the place just warn people of the connection. They can make up thier own mind.

Sorry its true. This is exactly the type of dropzone that Jan talks about when she says they are using thier money to branch out. I had to say something because I really don't want people thinking that this is an OK place to go jump. Well, it is,.. but only if you support what skyride does. This DZ started with 100% skyride business. We wondered why we weren't getting anymore of the certificates a year or so back, well its because this DZ opened up with a big skyride deal. I don't mind in the sense that our club doesn't want to take them anyways, but it sure does suck that these people are taking them.

Go go ASC... >:(:S:|
~D

Andre Pieterse. And I know you know that.

Actually, I don't. I know he manages it, but I didn't think he owned it. I could be wrong, which is why I largely keep quiet. Andre hasn't been down our way in quite a while.

I do know the porter that crashed was owned by Carry, Ben, and Andre Weisse - which makes one connection. I'm curious if there's others.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

This DZ started with 100% skyride business. We wondered why we weren't getting anymore of the certificates a year or so back, well its because this DZ opened up with a big skyride deal. I don't mind in the sense that our club doesn't want to take them anyways, but it sure does suck that these people are taking them.

OOOPS guess the professional jealousy cat is out of the bag on that one!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

This DZ started with 100% skyride business. We wondered why we weren't getting anymore of the certificates a year or so back, well its because this DZ opened up with a big skyride deal.

Now wait just a second. I have no clue, so correct me if I'm wrong, as I live in Virginia and was just visiting. But aren't you saying that YOUR dropzone accepted skyride until someone else made a better deal with them?? :S Wouldn't that mean that your dropzone also made money and received business from skyride. I fail to see the difference. What makes one dropzone more guilty than the other??

This thread is ridiculus! (just like my spelling skills)

The girl posts a couple of cool pictures and the community gets all pissy about politics. I do not see any DZOs posting here, so I do not understand the concerns of those who are not on the business side.

The place has a real cool view, has an excellent location and very accomadating staff. These are the things a dropzone requires.

I have never jumped at East Troy, but understand from a couple of sources to include the infamous Mary G. that it is a nice place to jump. Chicagoland is cool and so is Skydive Chicago, but the view of Lake Michigan and the two city skylines makes Midwest my DZ of choice.

As far as tandem theft goes, I do not see any theft of tandems happening, there is more than enough tandems in a metro area of way more than 5 million people to go around. I have not heard of any other dropzone going out of business because of them.

And the last time I checked there was one less dz in the neighborhood to compete with due to the unfortunate closure of Skydive Illinois (another very nice dropzone).

I do not quite understand why you are so concerned about the ability of your DZOs to make thier house and car payments on certificates. Do you honestly think that your jump prices will go down if the DZOs make bank on the extra tandems a year that go to Skydive Midwest instead of them?

I am sorry to hear that your flourishing relationship with Skyride was ruined, from the way you are posting I would assume you had personal stake in those certificates.

And to finish my flame session, I would like to comment on how awesome those pictures are Liz, nice job!!

whips n' chains n' hand-grenades with a little ugly on the side.