swedishcelt

wine: so close

Absinthe needs sugar, a lighter, a teaspoon, and some water.

• Pour a measure of absinthe into a glass.

• Wet a heaped teaspoon of sugar in the absinthe.

• Light the absinthe-soaked teaspoon of sugar.

• When the sugar starts to crystalise, dump it into the absinthe.

• Use a measure of water to put out the now-flaming absinthe.

• Drink.

• Rinse.

• Repeat.

• Fall over.

Drinks that require a ritual are cool.

well frenchy told me I didnt have to do the fire part....

when all else fails and you dont like it ... take one mother trucking big glass of kool-aid.... and pour the rest of the Kublar in or is it Kubler or Kublur? Hmmm doesnt matter...
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

This is the correct answer.

Next time, buy wine with a screw-top :P

Unfortunately, unlike our more enlightened friends down under, the wine industry up here for the most part clings stubbornly to the idea that cork=classy and the only "wine" that can be found with a screw top is sleazy fortified wine.

Some of the better wines are going to synthetic corks, a couples friend of our brought over a bottle of wine that had a synthetic cork last week. None of us really liked it, but we went ahead and drank the whole thing. Normally the 4 of us go through 2 bottles in an evening but that night it took all night to drink the one. Well I went online to find out more about the wine, trying to find out what I didn't like so I can avoid that in the future, well as it turns out it was a $100 bottle of wine.

Two things learned:
1) Expensive wine does not equal good wine
2) Synthetic corks are finally becoming more popular
Fly it like you stole it!

Two things learned:
1) Expensive wine does not equal good wine

So true! I love to visit smaller wineries and do the "taste it like it buy it" method. I've had a lot of great wine under $10 or $15 that way.

2) Synthetic corks are finally becoming more popular

Slowly but surely. But screw-tops seem to still be fairly rare, though as some have said, we're finally seeing a few over here.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

yea its actually similar to redbull when you do it that way B|

OK, I just got out of the Trauma Center, where I had to be taken after reading your initial post.:|
Next time, I suggest a 1959 Chateau Haut-Brion mixed with diet Coke. In my book, it beats any moonshine Martini.:|

I feel funny again. Someone call 911...:S

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I got red wine on a white shirt once when I had trouble with the cork. I read online that you can get wine out of clothing by putting it in boiling milk. I got a pot out, poured milk in and stuck the part of my shirt that was stained in the pot. I got bored watching the pot, so I walked away to read the forums.

Of course the milk boiled once I walked away. The milk got the stain out, but the part of the shirt that I left hanging outside of the pot got burned from the burner. I ruined my shirt more! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Pour salt on the stain right away. The salt will soak the wine out of the fabric. The wash the garment few hours later.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

How do you open a bottle without a corkscrew??? B| It's beautiful. It's here. It's closed.

What do you suggest?

got an Opinel? that works, gentle in the cork, in a 'back to front' motion, slowly in, as deep as possible, then once in turn the blade (and the cork) gently putting some pressure on one side of the blade... mmm I hope the bottle has been tested and that she is worth it.