FlyingTed

? Packboy = Weapon ?

What do you think? Is it one or not?

Just think about that, because of my flight on saturday. I wear it around my neck quite often, but I usually have it in my check-in luggage for flights.

Do you think the security guys would keep it?

A pen, ..., could also be used as a weapon ... (anyone seen the movie "red eye" B|)

Kat

My attitude towards TSA is that they will confiscate anything they don't understand. I keep fantasizing about trying to sneak a "good job" through there. I figure the poor bastards will not know what it is, confiscate it, and never return to their thankless, crappy jobs.

I wear my closing pin necklace through the metal detectors all the time, and it doesn't set them off. A packboy probably would. If you can convince them it's just jewelry, they'll probably let you off.

Edit - "pin" for "in".
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I always travel with mine... It doesn't "beep" through the metal detector...

Hey come on, it's a f*cking necklace :P

My brother had a wallet with one of those chains that attach to it. He had the chain confiscated on the way in to Six Flags once. And they sold the stupid chains inside the park.

Don't underestimate the stupidity of how people will follow policies.

Tell them it's a garot you plan to use to kill yourself with if confronted with a hijacker who has a box cutter.

As for box cutters... just take the blade out of your hook knife and insert in some inert, non metal handle. I've travelled all over the world - including inside the US with my hook knife on my rig as a carry on. But they did make me take my shoes off...:S

t
It's the year of the Pig.

As for box cutters... just take the blade out of your hook knife and insert in some inert, non metal handle. I've travelled all over the world - including inside the US with my hook knife on my rig as a carry on. But they did make me take my shoes off

I've done the same thing, hook knife on my rig always got overlooked by TSA... it's weird... They don't even catch the bigger jack ripper hook knife that I keep for CRW. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

In the paranoid world of the TSA, it would be a weapon.

The really bad part.............on certain aircraft there are at least four excellent weapons that are onboard on every flight. I' talking a a 2 ft long piece of thin heavy steel with a handle on one end. It wouldn't take much of a swing to split a skull in half. Hell.......on almost every commercial aircraft there are excellent weapons if you know where to find them. :S

a friend had problems with a packboy in italy wearing it around the neck... they didnt confiscate it but talk alot with us about what the hell is this packboy

i dont think it`s a weapon but in US i heard (after 9.11) they have a lot of new rules

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"