Beerlight

Spaceland: that new paved runway

Looks awesome!!B|

I overflew "near" it early this morning (no, no jump planes in the air yet:P) on my way south for some practice approaches...... Guess mud will NOT be an issue at next years Skyfest!

Should've taken an pic of it, but didn't have my camera..

Beerlight

Oh, don't worry. A lot of dirt that was excavated for the runway was put in front of the main hangar to help with drainage there. But the water has to go somewhere, so I"m sure we can find some mud for everyone next year.

But the runway is cool. There are even nice garden stones to go from the loading area onto the tarmac to load on the plane -- VERY civilized.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Ha Ha, we have your Otter - and your Rabbitt

(Thanks, we are enjoying both quite a bit)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Which Otter? I was jumping out of one yesterday... At Spaceland. We have lots of critters around here :P

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hey Rehmwa, say hey to Rabbitt for me wouldja? :)

NO - Come up here and say hi for yourself. :P

Chan... - same answer, tell him yourself and then jump with us.

Wendy - It's an older model with upgraded/uppower engines and a sticky door with a defect in the rear track. (The door and go lights are in a strange position - behind the leg of whoever is sitting at the back of the portside bench:S - it's ok we know how to spot here in the boonies). And we are very grateful to Spaceland for working the deal so we can have an otter for an extra month since Perris needed theirs back. (We have pretty decent DZOs taking care of us here)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It's an older model with upgraded/uppower engines and a sticky door...

If you find a new model Otter, let me know! I would like to buy one!!! ;)

The Otter came in 3 models: the -100, -200 and -300. All 844 to 849 Otters were made between 1966-1988.

Sierra Fox was previously owned by another jump plane leasing company and was in use at Pepperill. It is a fairly low-time jump plane with lots of life left in it. We would like to remodel the interior and update the cockpit, but can't get it home long enough to put it in the shop.

Have fun with her, and tell Rabbitt that Jim said to "Bite me!" ;)

Blue skies,

Jim

...to help with drainage there.

What this means to the non-rocket scientists (sorry Wendy!) out there is that most of the main landing area has been raised 8-10 inches above the old level so that you can land on dry ground instead of the mud.

In addition, a new maintenance building is under construction where all the tractors, tools and other equipment will be stored. This will free up the main hanger space for more creeping area, planes, and parties.

In addition, the deli has been remodeled into a cafe with more seating area, upgraded food selections, hot lunches and dinners, and professional management. They also have their beer license in place so the after hours activity is increasing.

What's in the future for Spacey? Plans are in place for expanded air conditioned packing, and an air conditioned loading area, and an expanded second floor deck/bar area.

Blue skies,

Jim

Kewl!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been there for a while but last time I went, they were in the process of working on it with all of the equipment.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks and can't wait to see it!
----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------
If you want to see the rainbow, you gotta put up with the storm. God bless! :)

Did they pave the parking lot?

Nope, but they did expand it a lot, leveled it, and added drainage. Main entrance was also smoothed out and regraded.

Place looked great..... We thought about dropping in (we were in a Baron) and checking it out, but didn't have prior permission.....so we passed on it.. Maybe in a couple weeks....

For those of you flying into Skydive Spaceland in your private plane, here is the location:

B&B Airpark
16111 FM 521
Rosharon, Texas 77583

Phone Number

NOTE: Pilots must contact management via telephone before arrival for landing instructions

Identifier: TE88

Lat: 29° 21' 05" N
Lon: 95° 27' 06" W

Listen for parachute activity on 123.45 MHz

Blue skies,

Jim