peacefuljeffrey

Amid the cause for compassion, here is the cause to scratch your head and say "WTF is wrong with people?!"

Here's an article about some people who must be (HOPEFULLY) the last fuckin' morons on earth who didn't know that YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO RUN A FUCKING GAS GENERATOR [I]INDOORS[/I] BECAUSE IT WILL FUCKING [I]KILL[/I] YOU!!

Really. What excuse can someone have for thinking that would be okay? Have they been living in a cave for the last twenty years?

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Do you think that maybe you are being overly judgmental given that the whole basis for your bashing is based on a newspaper article?

How do you know that the generator wasn't in a door way with the exhaust going out and they thought that may have been enough ventilation or maybe a door closed while they were sleeping?
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

Here's an article about some people who must be (HOPEFULLY) the last fuckin' morons on earth who didn't know that YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO RUN A FUCKING GAS GENERATOR [I]INDOORS[/I] BECAUSE IT WILL FUCKING [I]KILL[/I] YOU!!

Really. What excuse can someone have for thinking that would be okay? Have they been living in a cave for the last twenty years?

-Jeffrey

...or, bringing a propane gas grill indoors!:S

Chuck

Being an ex Cub Scout and Boy Scout leader, I found it ironic that there was a story in the not-too-distant past about a Boy Scout dad and a couple of boys lit a propane heater in their tent for warmth....the next morning they were cold.

Darwin Award at it's best.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

How do you know that the generator wasn't in a door way with the exhaust going out and they thought that may have been enough ventilation or maybe a door closed while they were sleeping?

No. Don't do that either. You can't just make the exhaust go out through an open door!!!

In case anyone is wondering, a generator exhaust within 10 ft of any operable opening to a living space could result in your death. There is a reason that this is written in stone in the International Mechanical Code.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Being an ex Cub Scout and Boy Scout leader, I found it ironic that there was a story in the not-too-distant past about a Boy Scout dad and a couple of boys lit a propane heater in their tent for warmth....the next morning they were cold.

Darwin Award at it's best.

It's absolutely mind boggling, what people do... 'not thinking'! I worked 17-yrs. for a fuel-oil-propane distributor and some of the stories I could tell. Propane is an excellent fuel plus, it's 'environmentally friendly' but, it's dangerous! Not handled properly, it's deadly. Because of some of the things folks have done, not only with flammables but, ladders, hammers and etc. and all the law suits, we have all those silly warnings on everything. :S

Chuck

...we have all those silly warnings on everything. :S

I worked for a telephone equipment manufacturer and, due to a customer "accident", we had to put a label in the electrical compartment of an outdoor cabinet:

DO NOT URINATE IN THE ELECTRICAL COMPARTMENT.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...we have all those silly warnings on everything. :S

I worked for a telephone equipment manufacturer and, due to a customer "accident", we had to put a label in the electrical compartment of an outdoor cabinet:

DO NOT URINATE IN THE ELECTRICAL COMPARTMENT.

Holy crap! That's funny! I've heard storie of golks walking their dog and the owner lets the dog 'leak' on those upright little green boxes. The dog lives but, the dog owner gets electrocuted!
After each visit to my dentist, he gives the 'complimentary' tiny tube of toothpaste and a new toothbrush. Honest to god, on the handle of the toothbrush, in bold print reads: "USE THE FUZZY END!" :D:D

Chuck

After each visit to my dentist, he gives the 'complimentary' tiny tube of toothpaste and a new toothbrush. Honest to god, on the handle of the toothbrush, in bold print reads: "USE THE FUZZY END!" :D:D

But it doesn't say where to stick the fuzzy end!! That's just an accident waiting to happen.:o

:P

But it doesn't say where to stick the fuzzy end!! That's just an accident waiting to happen.:o

:P

:D:D:D

I can only imagine and I'm sure, it's been tried!
Since you brought the subject up...
My late, sister-in-law, was a nurse. Some of the 'items' that have been removed from human orifices, is un-believable. Light-bulbs, power tools, hand tools, vegetibles...
My favorite story she told was about a (former) local t.v. weather guy who had a gerbal hung-up in his butt! Seems as though, it didn't make it through the maze! Poor critter tried to 'dig' his own exit.:o:D:D

Chuck

Oh my gosh your conversation has been "crackin me up" all morning:D:D:D. On the radio in Az I had heard about a guy with a gerbal caught in the poo trench and his partner had let him in with some kind of tube. Well when the critter wouldn't come out, the guy lit a match and held it to the end of the tube. Well that launched the poor thing as a fire ball into the partners' face. that takes brains!B|:S

Keep the stories coming masterrig! You have made my day so far!-Caress:)
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

Oh my gosh your conversation has been "crackin me up" all morning:D:D:D. On the radio in Az I had heard about a guy with a gerbal caught in the poo trench and his partner had let him in with some kind of tube. Well when the critter wouldn't come out, the guy lit a match and held it to the end of the tube. Well that launched the poor thing as a fire ball into the partners' face. that takes brains!B|:S

Once that story broke to the local news and the t.v. station he worked for got wind of it, it was 'adios' weather guy! Last I heard, he got a job in a 'major' market, here in the state.
Another funny one, was the guy that got his weiner hung-up in a vaccuum cleaner hose! The scariest was the guy with the light-bulb in his colon. There's a bright idea!:D

Chuck

That Code must be really hard to carry around...

So let it be written, so let it be done. Really sucks too, we're trying to go papyrus-less and stone tablet-less at our office but we keep breaking the scanner with that damned IMC 2000.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

but we keep breaking the scanner with that damned IMC 2000.

let me guess, you are a mechanical ENGINEER:D:D:P:P
The guys who design stuff that won't work so we have to re-design it and put it in.:D:D:P

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I worked 17-yrs. for a fuel-oil-propane distributor and some of the stories I could tell. Propane is an excellent fuel plus, it's 'environmentally friendly' but, it's dangerous! Not handled properly, it's deadly. Because of some of the things folks have done, not only with flammables but, ladders, hammers and etc. and all the law suits, we have all those silly warnings on everything. :S

Do you get a lot of Hank Hill jokes?

Chuck

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

This goes on my list of signs of mental illness. You absolutely can not be playing with a full deck to think that it is OK to put a live creature up your asshole. And I'm not bashing gays or their behaviors; ANYBODY with a rectal-rodent fetish is at least a couple cards short of having a full set of cerebral hemispheres.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Mike is was running indoors. They had it locked in the house with them because they lived in an area it wouldn't be safe to have ti running out doors without armed security.

Though the people were stupid, they didn't need to die from their supidity.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

They had it locked in the house with them because they lived in an area it wouldn't be safe to have ti running out doors without armed security.

Here in Florida, post hurricanes, everyone either had a generator, or was looking for one. There was a story about someone who had their generator running to keep the refrigerator, etc. going. They could hear it constantly, so didn't know what was up when the fridge and a/c started getting warm. They went out back to find their lawnmower had been started and the generator stolen. >:(
======================
Seasons don't fear the Reaper,
nor do the Wind, the Sun, or the Rain...

>about a Boy Scout dad and a couple of boys lit a propane heater in their tent for warmth . . .

It should be pointed out that there ARE unvented propane and natural gas heaters that are safe to use indoors. But you have to be sure of that before you use them in such a manner.