homer

BIG JUICY STEAK or vegetarian

The human body is designed to eat a balanced diet of both meat and veggies. The problem is that lately people don't have any idea on how to balance thier diets right. We need meat because our body is better designed to digest meat. We also need vegies to get everything that meat dosen't have in it. The human body has evolved to eliminate the cecome, and that makes it difficult for us to digest veggies. In animals that are supposed to live off of a strictly meat free diet they either have multiple stomachs, or a larger cecome. The cecome is supposed to house bacteria which are supposed to help break down the cell walls of veggies. If you eat raw veggies they do nothing for you because the cells of said veggie is protected by their cell walls. What do humans have in place of a cecome, well actually we have a very small cecome, but we also have atta hed to that our appendix. Our stomach uses HCL and the enzyme Pepsin to break down the protiens in meat so they can be absorbed into our bodies. Our gall bladder produces Bile to break down fats so they can be absorbed.
Sorry if I lost anyone.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

If you eat raw veggies they do nothing for you because the cells of said veggie is protected by their cell walls. .

My bullshit meter is going off the charts on this one. I don't care how much scientific mumbo jumbo you spout, I've lived off of just raw vegies from time to time and know others who have as well, we were not malnurished, I assure you.

|>.<|
Seriously, W.T.F. mate?

Ask any biology proffessor.

So basically, salad does you absolutely no good? Except the dressing? Or any meat you happen to put on it? How about carrots? Celery? Brocolli? Succini? You're saying any veggie has to be cooked to do you any good?

Sorry bub, that's BS, Biology proffessor or otherwise.

|>.<|
Seriously, W.T.F. mate?

So basically, salad does you absolutely no good? Except the dressing? Or any meat you happen to put on it? How about carrots? Celery? Brocolli? Succini? You're saying any veggie has to be cooked to do you any good?

Now I know celery is a great calorie burner. From what I understand the body burns more calories eating and digesting a stock of celery than there are calories in the it. If this is true one could sit on there ass all day and eat celery and lose weight doing it.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

Bring it on over, I'll cut off what I want and ride the rest home! ;)
I like mine seared/charred on the outside and med rare/med on the inside, it takes a hot fire. (Damn it boy! I'm salivating thinking about it)

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Bring it on over, I'll cut off what I want and ride the rest home! ;)
I like mine seared/charred on the outside and med rare/med on the inside, it takes a hot fire. (Damn it boy! I'm salivating thinking about it)

Lightly branded on one side is good enough - and better for you.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

like the bloody mary it has been soaking up.

I like it!
Celery, tomatoes, worchestershire (look at the ingredients).....a dietary bonanza...plus the added benefits of alcohol......WoooooooHooooooo!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I've never had one myself but the last time I flew first class from Seattle to Pittsburgh the lady next to me was loving them as she cried the entire trip to me about her mid life crises.

I only ever drink bloody marys at the airport, and when at the airport, I usually have one. No idea why. Or a bloody caesar...they're spicier.

like the bloody mary it has been soaking up.

I like it!
Celery, tomatoes, worchestershire (look at the ingredients).....a dietary bonanza...plus the added benefits of alcohol......WoooooooHooooooo!

Gross, gross, gross. Ick. Voda tonic w/ lime is my default mixed drink. Or a Long Island.

I don't expect anyone to go out and buy stuff for me to cook but I do tell them that I am a vegetarian. If they ask me to bring something of my own, I happily will and have. If they don't, and I show up and have nothing to eat, I find that to be rude. I informed them of my dietary restrictions. I also tell them that there will not be meat served when they come to my house. If they are a meatarian(I have never met someone who only eats meat but I am sure they exist) and they turn down the invitation, I would certainly understand. If they told me that they needed meat and I said ok and then didn't provide it, that would be rude on my part.

The analogy I always like is my friend with a severe peanut allergy. It would be rude and potentially legally negligent to serve him something after he informed his host of the allergy. And anyone who expects him to cook with peanut oil as a host is asking too much.

As far as it being "only fair"--seriously, you really consider the 2 cases to be comparable? Someone has made a deliberate choice not to kill things, and you think that they should be required to violate that to be a good host? I agree that you should be informed that the meal will be vegetarian but after that it's your choice. Just as you can choose not to cook vegetarian food so long as you tell your guests. But to equate the 2 cases is ridiculous. The reason we have a word for "fair" and a different word for "same" is because they don't mean the same thing.

I tried being a vegetarian for about two weeks. I ran into one major problem. I don't like vegetables. After living on mac and cheese for two weeks, I gave up and went out and ordered filet mignon.

Girl, you just never had a teacher in the art of vegetarian cooking. Just like studying law, it might be a challenge but it's sweet when you understand it.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon