G5fh84

Owes beer or not??

Lawyer does her first wing suit jump today and says she doesn't owe beer because she "didn't say FIRST"
is that a crock of shit or did this bitch find a loop hole in the rules??? cause I've been buying beer for every first.. Leave it to a lawyer to find a way out>:(>:(>:(

She made a big deal about it being her first without using the word....that's what I mean...she say's she doesn't owe because even though it was her first she didn't say it and that this is the only DZ she's been to where she's expected to but even though she didn't use the word.

If she never uttered the word "first", then I guess she gets off the hook. But if someone asked her if it was her first birdman jump and she nodded or said yes, then the questioner just has to reply "BEER!" and she'd have to pay up!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If she never uttered the word "first", then I guess she gets off the hook. But if someone asked her if it was her first birdman jump and she nodded or said yes, then the questioner just has to reply "BEER!" and she'd have to pay up!

YOU PAY FOR DOING YOUR 1ST NOT FOR SAYING FIRST
She owes BIG time:)
you can trust me on beer rules 'cause I DON'T drink:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

So is it for every type of first you do, yo owe beer?

MAJOR 1ST YES

not for things like 1st fart at 14000 feet, but 1st wingsuit, new kit, jump at non-home DZ, 1st jump from an aircraft type. wtc..
e.g. When I went to Zhills in January, I put on a carton, for 1st time at Zhill and 1st time out of a Twin otter. Now I only put on one carton as the 2 1st were concurrent. If I had jumped a C182 or Caravan or Skyvan as my 1st jump at Zhills, then jumpes the Twin otter I woul;d have owed 2 cartons..
WHERE THE HELL IS WNEDY'S LIST:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'd like to know from those who say that she doesn't owe.... WHY?..... She and her boyfriend have come up with so many reasons not to have to buy beer in the past and on a side note they said that Mike Loves 500th jump should not be pied!!....aren't the beer rules simply an excuse to drink beer like all the rules in Quarters for example..just to have fun?

Some people don't get into the whole pie/beer thing. No problem with that (I'm not heavily into it myself). But those people also tend not to take part in such celebrations, and to find other reasons to contribute something to the DZ, or else they're the ones who go straight home after the last jump.

Ya can't have it both ways. If you want to party, sometimes you have to pay. And beer for firsts is the standard in the skydiving world.

Heck -- in the Trivia forum, someone posted an article from 1935 where some kid said that the penalty for some things was beer :D

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Maybe she is in "a program" of the 12 step variety. I know a very famous photographer who is and he never buys beer. Just a thought...

Surely that only gets you out of drinking said beer not buying it!!

Beer is not a requirement. I know a few people that don't drink that choose to bring soda instead. It's not about the beer - it's about the celebration of an accomplishment.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Beer Rules:
9. Non-drinkers may buy sodas and buyers may make up any part or whole of their purchase in soda for the enjoyment of those non-drinkers.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I got off easy in my first 3 years in the sport. Now that I'm over 21 though, people seem to think that they can collect on past debts. Is that legal?

------------------------------------------------

Nah, not for beer... but if you make your 100th or 1000th jump and don't say anything, there's no statute of limitations for the pieing... ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Maybe she is in "a program" of the 12 step variety. I know a very famous photographer who is and he never buys beer. Just a thought...

Surely that only gets you out of drinking said beer not buying it!!

Beer is not a requirement. I know a few people that don't drink that choose to bring soda instead. It's not about the beer - it's about the celebration of an accomplishment.

Which brings up rule #8:Participation is voluntary. If a skydiver chooses not to participate by buying, neither shall the skydiver enjoy the fruits of the accomplishments of others.

I got off easy in my first 3 years in the sport. Now that I'm over 21 though, people seem to think that they can collect on past debts. Is that legal?

I don't know what everyone else says, but it seems to me that all along you could've given someone the money and had them buy beer on your behalf. Or you could've bought soda.

My daughter has done exactly one tandem. It occurred on her 18th birthday. On the way to the dz, I bought the beer to commemorate the event.

No matter what, you buy your beer.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb