dark_jedi

Napolean Dynamite

I do appreciate films that deviate from the norm, just didn't really make me laugh that much. It had a few good moments but it sure wasn't the "OH MAN this is awesome" film that so many people make it out to be.

I'll agree that it was overhyped, but the hype also built an erroneous expectation of what kind of comedy film it would be (and thus result in disappointment).

Once I disposed of those expectations, I enjoyed the film. I wouldn't call it Oscar-worthy, by any means, but as far as indie films go, it was pretty damn good IMHO.

Sorry, I thought the title to the thread was

Neapolitan Dynamite -

I thought it was a new ice cream flavor.

carry on

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Lemme guess... you think formulaic cookie-cutter comedies are innovative and brilliant, right?

Thanks suds....*slaps forehead* whatever....:S

er, uh.....meaning your comment was right on, and the second part is devoted to the poster who doesn't share the opinions of ppl who have a sense of humor and half a brain. wait, was that too harsh. Okay, they have a whole brain. damn, I'm no good at dealing with ppl who don't share my opinions. I am gonna have to work on that...starting tomorrow. ;)

:D:D:D

that movie sucked so much ass. I am not even sure why I kept on watching it. That is 2 hours I will never get back. I think that was worse than Dracula Dead and loving it
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I just didn't find it that funny.

I do appreciate films that deviate from the norm, just didn't really make me laugh that much. It had a few good moments but it sure wasn't the "OH MAN this is awesome" film that so many people make it out to be.

My sentiment exactly. :|
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Your mom's a new ice cream flavor. :|

1 - leave my mom out of it, or I'll spank you

2 - why don't you bring a couple of quarts of ice cream and chocolate sauce over here right now and we'll have an ice cream fight. I'm pretty sure you'll win.

:|:|:|:D:|:|:|:D:|:D:|:D:D:D

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

C'mon it was the Mormon's first shot at something other than a religious promo video. Give them some credit! The time machine thing was funny. "Wait! I almost forgot the magic crystals!"

I wonder how many folks are going "what?" and don't understand the background and some of the politics of this movie.

Eitherway, I still enjoyed the movie, one of my all time favorites, a lot better then the cookie cutter and sequel crap that hollywood puts out now. Actually I'm not 100% sure that hollywood has had an original movie idea since 1958.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Napoleon Dynamite: Why do you got your hood on like that?
Pedro: Well, when I came home from school my head started to get really hot. So I drank some cold water, but it didn't do nothing. So I laid in the bathtub for a while, but then I realized that it was my hair that was making my head hot. So I went into my kitchen and I shaved it all off. I don't want anyone to see.
Napoleon Dynamite: I know what you mean.