Ashtanga

Man Glued to Toilet at Home Depot...

He's asking for $3 Million in damages. I mean that's a little much don't you think? Who's to say they guy didn't grab super glue off the shelf and didn't do it himself for the money? I mean I would super glue myself to a toilet for $3 million dollars. :ph34r:

$3 million. Seriously? He thinks rather highly of himself, doesn't he?

Coulda been worse. He could have gotten himself glued NEXT to a toilet after a handful of chili dogs and coffee. :|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Home Depot offered him $2,000. He says it is an insult. :D

He was on the Today show this morning with his lawyer and he was acting like it hurt when he sat down/moved, etc. He also had his own coffee mug with a website on it. He held it up the whole time so he could market it. Somebody probably payed him to do it. The guy is just after money.

He could have gotten himself glued NEXT to a toilet after a handful of chili dogs and coffee.:|

He was in there for about a half hour before people believed him. I wonder if he played with himself while he waited for help? :|

I always look before sitting on the seat, in case someone peed on it before I got there. Now there's an additional reason.

Super glue can get very hot as it sets up - enough to cause serious skin burns. It sets by a chemical reaction which is exothermic.

I really don't think this is funny at all.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I always look before sitting on the seat, in case someone peed on it before I got there. Now there's an additional reason.

Super glue can get very hot as it sets up - enough to cause serious skin burns. It sets by a chemical reaction which is exothermic.

It also sets very fast, fast enough that the possibility that someone else put it there and he sat on it before it set is pretty slim. :|

I'd bet he did it himself. :S

It also sets very fast, fast enough that the possibility that someone else put it there and he sat on it before it set is pretty slim. :|

I'd bet he did it himself. :S

Could be... but if you listen to the interview he has an explanation for it. This guys is looking for a lot of $$$ and the terrible, mean and vicious people at Home Depot are gonna pay :S

Long, rambling interview video can be seen by going to the link I posted and its over on the right hand side.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

That was my thoughts exactly. Super glue dries in less than 3 minutes. I don't think Home Depot bathrooms get THAT much traffic. At least the mens stalls.

And they guy just looks like a con artist. He has that look.

[:/]

It's not THAT funny but you have to find a little humor in it. :D

It's only funny until someone gets hurt. This guy got hurt. With his history of heart problems, he could have easily died of a heart attack during this ordeal. Then would people be laughing about this? I would hope not.

editted to add: If this guy did this to himself, I hope Home Depot sues him and pursues criminal charges against the guy

This is a good point...

He probably DID glue himself to the seat. Come on!! Really, you can SMELL Super Glue, and if you sit on something gross, don't you jump up and scream?? Is his butt just de-sensitized?

PLUS Super Glue dries pretty quickly.

Please...:S

I too find this suspect, but there are odorless CAs (cyanoacrylate, aka superglue) and slow-setting or "thick" CAs that don't cure quickly. Model airplane builders use them all the time. Maybe the man didn't notice any smell. Maybe the film of glue was so thin and level that it didn't appear to be anything on the seat. Who knows...

Still, the dude has a case, he was injured, and if he's being honest, I agree w/ Kallend (miracle, ain't it?) this ain't funny in the least and home depot will likely be paying out the ass (boo hiss!)

If it comes out he did it to himself, they should superglue his head to his ass.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

I too find this suspect, but there are odorless CAs (cyanoacrylate, aka superglue) and slow-setting or "thick" CAs that don't cure quickly. Model airplane builders use them all the time. Maybe the man didn't notice any smell. Maybe the film of glue was so thin and level that it didn't appear to be anything on the seat. Who knows...

I can assure you of one thing. Home Depot is going to retain some Dr's and a "Super Glue" expert for court. :D

WTF should Home Depot be liable anyway?

Makes me sick.

This be one of the lousy freeloaders that should be burried deep in the ground. Useless to mankind, just ridin' coat tails and asking for handouts.

It was the most embarassing moments of his life and what does he do about it? Cause a public stink. Lawsuit, television, radio and internet exposure.

What an ass!

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!