Ashtanga

Man Glued to Toilet at Home Depot...

"In addition to the emotional pain, Doughtery said he still has pain when he sits, as well as, post- traumatic stress that's triggered diabetes. "

OH, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. :S

Greedy money hungry people will say anything to have it work out in their favor.

That line is a load of shit though! The man should be happy that he is finally off the pot and his penis isn't still stuck to it. :|
F LORIDA!

If for no other reason, they should be liable because they saw him and did NOTHING to help. Another customer had to call 911. Maybe the clerk who found him first and his supervisor who refused to do anything should be buried deep in the ground right along with him.

Well tigra, we all know how poor the media is with details... but assuming they had 'em right, the clerk told a supervisor and the supervisor thought it was a joke. So nobody "Saw him there and did nothing" .

I'm not justifying the supervisor for not double-checking... but I fail to see how this makes the store responsible for this jackass and his failure to take a gander before placing his bare ass somewhere.

It is said he had to wait half an hour before he got out. I doubt that the 'damage' done to his rear is any way worse because of this short period of time. (I guess it would seem like an eternity to him though... lol). IOW failure, on the supervisors part, to come to our losers rescue did not make the problem worse.

Also, the man sat his bare ass in super glue! He might as well have taken a hammer off the shelf and knocked himself out with it. This is not Home Depots responsibility, it's his inadequacy as a human being. I don't think this type of occurence is mentioned in the employee handbook when you're hired on at Home Depot. That is, they bare (hehee) no responsibility to him and his stupid act. He should consider himself lucky somebody helped him at all.... Not sue the company because they didn't.

As far as either employee being burried deep in the ground with him? I'm not sure that would make the world a better place. They aren't the ones trying to earn a fast buck because of misfortune.

N

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Assuming the media has it right, the clerk saw (or heard) him, and told his supervisor who did nothing. Yes, the store is responsible for that because those two inDUHviduals are employees of the store. They chose to leave a man in distress without investigating any further. Stupid or just plain mean? Either way, the store is responsible for the actions (unaction) of its employees. I don't know how you can argue otherwise.

He should have freed himself with a hammer? The man was in a toilet stall, glued to a seat with his pants around his ankles. I don't think he had easy access to a hammer or screw driver. OK, I've never used the men's bathroom at a Home Depot, but I'm pretty sure those are not items they keep in the stalls. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Unless they can prove that he glued himself to the toilet seat, he's got a legitimate complaint. $3,000,000.00 is obviously excessive but an apology and something in excess of his medical costs are both in order, and I'll bet if they'd offerred either, he wouldn't be making the rounds on TV now. What they did offer probably did not cover the ambulance ride and ER visit. (An older man with heart trouble? You know they ran a ton of tests before releasing him!)

Newsflash, stores are responsible for the conditions of their public restrooms, whether its wet slippery floor or a toilet seat with super glue on it. Home Depot will pay and now they've got bad press to deal with on top of it. Very very stupid.

OK, I've never used the men's bathroom at a Home Depot, but I'm pretty sure those are not items they keep in the stalls. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

They have a tool belt around the commode with hammers, screw driver, nails, etc. Also a measuring tape in the mens bathrooms so we can measure our penises. ;)

Gosh. Go back and reread it what he said. He didn't say to beat off the commode with a hammer. Simmer down now. :D

He should have freed himself with a hammer?

No you misunderstood. I was saying he sat his dumb ass in super glue. And I compared it to the equally stupid act of hitting ones self on the head with a hammer.

Unless they can prove that he glued himself to the toilet seat, he's got a legitimate complaint.

Of course he's got a legitimate complaint. His ass is sore. What he does not have, is a legitimate accusation that it is Home Depot's responsibility to keep his sorry, foolish butt out of trouble.

Newsflash, stores are responsible for the conditions of their public restrooms, whether its wet slippery floor or a toilet seat with super glue on it.

Newsflash to you, super glue doesn't just appear on toilet seats. I'm not claiming the man did it himself, but if he didn't, it was a delliberate malicious act! The store is responsible for the conditions of the public restroom and that means keeping it clean and up to health standards... not keeping a security guard. The store cannot be deemed responsible for someone's delliberate attack on random bathroom strangers.

OK, I read that part wrong. :$

But the truth is, if the people at Home Depot had behaved differently and treated the man better, I seriously doubt he'd be making the rounds on TV now or suing for $3,000,000.00 simply because it is so embarrassing.

OK, I read that part wrong. :$

But the truth is, if the people at Home Depot had behaved differently and treated the man better, I seriously doubt he'd be making the rounds on TV now or suing for $3,000,000.00 simply because it is so embarrassing.

While I feel a teeny tiny bit bad for this escapee of the Darwin pool, I think a jury should still award him some jack for the expenses he incurred. They should also penalize him about half that for thinking $3 million is reasonable compensation. Hell, for most guys, 30 minutes on the pot is just the warm-up act...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Doubt it. The type of lowlife that sues for this sort of thing... well they half delight in their own misfortunes. The supervisor could have freed him in 30 seconds flat AND gave him some oral gratification... and there would still be a lawsuit.

They offered him $2000 and he called it an "insult"!!!

He knows damned well that Home Depot didn't put the glue there. He knows he will never find the culprit, he knows that Home Depot is a big fish. He is a low-life!

Legally, I *think* you are incorrect. It happened in Home Depot's bathroom and therefore at the very least they would be responsible for his medical bills, in much the same way they'd be responsible if he slipped on a wet floor regardless of how the floor got wet. (isn't that why slip and fall cases are so popular with the scam artists?)

Legal loopholes yes. The type that low-lives use to get rich yes.

You'll note I didn't say that he didn't have a case on technicality. Just that the store had no responsibility for his being such an idot. And that he should be burried deep in the cold ground for being such a scum sucker.

Scam artists too. They could keep him company (because I did mean he should be burried alive.)

THEY OFFERED HIM $2000 AND HE CALLED IT AN INSULT!

I work for a large corporation such as Home Depot. We had someone slip and fall in our public restroom because there was white cleaning powder on the floor. It went to court and we won. We did not have to pay anything. It's a public place. Judge said it can happen to anybody anywhere and gave us the verdict.

The store does have a responsibilty for its employees being idiots. And I doubt $2,000.00 covered his medical expenses.

Not knowing anything about the man, I'm not willing to write him off as a scum sucker who deserves to be buried deep in cold ground. Maybe he is a scam artist, but maybe he's just plain pissed at the way he was treated and this is how he's retaliating.

(And are you telling me you've never had an urgent need to use a bathroom and sat down a little quicker than you should have? I'm thinking a Home Depot hot dog could do that to anyone!:P)

Unless they can prove that he glued himself to the toilet seat, he's got a legitimate complaint.

I wonder if they have those paper ass-gaskets in the bathroom at Home Depot. If so, and he chose not to use one, then it's his own damn fault.

Still, I think that he was the one that glued himself to that seat. The odds of someone putting enough super glue on the seat in the 1.5 minute window before it dried and he sat down is pretty slim.

I'd bet that it turns out to be a scam.

$3,000,000.00 is obviously excessive but an apology and something in excess of his medical costs are both in order, and I'll bet if they'd offerred either, he wouldn't be making the rounds on TV now.

I doubt it. He's in it for the money, and money alone.

Newsflash, stores are responsible for the conditions of their public restrooms, whether its wet slippery floor or a toilet seat with super glue on it.

That's why they have paper ass-gaskets and wet floor signs. That's what they're there for.

Home Depot will pay and now they've got bad press to deal with on top of it.

I doubt it. If they payed him anything they'd just be inviting more asses to be glued to toilet seats.

I wonder if they have those paper ass-gaskets in the bathroom at Home Depot. If so, and he chose not to use one, then it's his own damn fault.

The paper ass-gasket was empty. That's the only thing he has. He could of just put toilet paper around the seat like I do if no ass gasket paper. ;)

The paper ass-gasket was empty. That's the only thing he has. He could of just put toilet paper around the seat like I do if no ass gasket paper. ;)

Total threadjack... in the event of a toilet paper emergency (none in your stall, no one in the stall(s) next to you willing to spare a square), ass-gaskets work reasonably well for the ass-wiping. Just a public service announcement.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

$3,000,000.00 is obviously excessive

$3M is quite reasonable if he were never able to remove the seat from his glutes and had to live with it the rest of his life. What size and type of pants could you wear? Then again, I'm sure with his creativity he could find a way to spin that and make a lot more dough than that. A butt version of the elephant man. Would be great in toilet product commercials - a modern day Mr. Clean with a twist! Imagine toilet butt man holding a toilet brush in one hand and cleaner in the other!

If for no other reason, they will pay because 2 employees refused to help him when he asked. The Home Depot folks really don't want this to go in front of a jury or get more press than it already has. The guy looks respectable enough and he's got a bad heart; unless he's got a criminal record or nasty skeletons in his closet, the jury will side with him.

And if he glued himself to the toilet seat, it should be pretty easy to prove- bring on the CSI crew!

I'm pretty sure the article said there were no paper seat covers, but my guess is every Home Depot in the country is being outfitted with them now, and at least for the next few weeks, the bathroom cleaning schedule will be strictly adhered to. (he he, adhered to???:P) I can just see the inter office memos and bulletins being circulated and posted in the employee break rooms! now!

I really do hate frivolous lawsuits but I also hate companies thinking they can get away with anything.
The employees were obviously in the wrong.