GQ_jumper

Skydiving is not an excuse for lack of fashion sense people!!

if you believe tye die ever 'went out' you've been hanging in the wrong crowds ;)

some people seem to believe wearing camouflage outside of necessity is somehow fashionable and cool.. :S

some people seem to believe wearing camouflage outside of necessity is somehow fashionable and cool..

it's not "some people", just Spizzarko, and he fits in a class all his own.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I'm sorry..

But do you really care about something as arbitrary as fashion?:S

It is a huge pet peeve of mine to hear someone complaining about how other people dress.

Who cares?

-Karen

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

if your hat has mesh on the back of it....

if your hat has a john deere symbol on it...

if your hat it held together with duct tape...

if you purposly freyed the material on the bill of the cap to look cool...

if there is a fake fishhook on your cap...

if theres more grease on your hat then in your hair....

you might be a reneck.

Naw, that would make you a frat boy wanna be. Hats do end up like that from hard use, but doing it just for a look is asinine.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

some people seem to believe wearing camouflage outside of necessity is somehow fashionable and cool..

I've just found that BDU pants were durable and comfy to wear during my various hobbies...especially when they got tore up and I had to cut the legs off to make shorts.B|:P

Then again, when has it ever been a necessity to purple, pink and black camo? *shudder* That stuff is a seriously odd fasion trend.

if your hat has mesh on the back of it....

if your hat has a john deere symbol on it...

if your hat it held together with duct tape...

if you purposly freyed the material on the bill of the cap to look cool...

if there is a fake fishhook on your cap...

if theres more grease on your hat then in your hair....

you might be a reneck.

Naw, that would make you a frat boy wanna be. Hats do end up like that from hard use, but doing it just for a look is asinine.

Ive worked horses and cattle. I spent years working on my drag car, and other mechanical hobbies. Ive been in construction all my life. And only after years of wear and tear did parts of the hat start to frey, and never to the extent the ive seen the "frat boy wanna-be's" wear them. :S

they usually get so dirty theres just no washing them anymore, and youre afraid anything you wash them in may get tainted as well. :D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

they usually get so dirty theres just no washing them anymore, and youre afraid anything you wash them in may get tainted as well.

I wore my Skymonkey hat when I helped build Eloy's swoop ponds and the damn thing fell apart because of the sun/sweat/dirt mixture. But it looked really cool up to the point that it fell apart. B|

see, it fell apart. the edge of the bill didnt frey!

back when I had long hair, i used to wear my hat backwards while under cars. it helped keep my hair out of the wheels of the creeper (damn that hurts) and helped keep it a bit cleaner. my caps never freyed, fall apart. Get nasty. Rip or tear. Yes. but never freyed at the end of the bill. :S
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I'm sorry..

But do you really care about something as arbitrary as fashion?:S

It is a huge pet peeve of mine to hear someone complaining about how other people dress.

Who cares?

-Karen

I am pretty sure I love you. :)
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Someone once told me, "I think all your sense of taste is in your mouth." True words.

That's classic!!

And to the ladies complaining about me complaining about fashion, LIGHTEN UP;)!!! I was making a joke.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Rip or tear. Yes. but never freyed at the end of the bill.

A couple of my hats have frayed at the bill, but I think that had more to do with them getting scraped along things by accident. My Skymonkey hat got tore up in that regard by a fan belt when it fell off my head. Oh well, atleast the rest of the hat survived and is still in working condition (even if it is dirty as hell and needs to be washed...BAD).

As a vidiot, I think tye dye looks cool on tandem masters. See attached.

yep-- here's where i agree. if it's bright and visible, why not??

yeah, tyedye sooo 80's... and faux camo print is sooo 90's. but who really wears this stuff in real life? i just assumed the dz was exempt from fashion trends. it should be.

if you're still wearing hyper color tee shirts and spandex on normal days? let's talk...:P
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

Then again, when has it ever been a necessity to purple, pink and black camo? *shudder* That stuff is a seriously odd fasion trend.

Hey you never know when you are going to be at war in a pink forest with purple elephants.

Ok, so who wants a puff on my crack-pipe next. :D

Oh and Derek's skymonkey hat has 5 adventure races under it's bill and no fraying.
Fly it like you stole it!