markd_nscr986

Colorado Peeps....Staying Warm?

currently 23 degrees in Austin. freakish cold snap we're having. most people stayed home from work this morning. i didn't, and i'm one of 4 people in my office, out of about 50 normally.

People stayed home from work because it's 23 degrees outside? :S:S:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

People stayed home from work because it's 23 degrees outside? :S:S:D

Blues,
Dave

hell yeah they do. all the area schools are closed, city and county offices are closed. us poor state workers had to show up, but even then maybe a quarter of my coworkers are here. not so much because of the temperature as the ice. if there's ice on the roads, people don't know what to do.

My car said it was 0 at 8am in Westminster.

Sherpa got to experience the joys of dog booties for the first time lastnight and lets just say he lost his mind. Fox is like "I hate these but a least my feet don't hurt", Sherpa is like "OH MY GOD THERE ARE THINGS ON MY FEET...AAAAHHHHHHHHHH" *spin in circles**spin in circles**spin in circles**spin in circles*.

At least this morning he didn't fight me getting them on. :S
Fly it like you stole it!

6 below in Lakewood this morning. The heater in our house just couldn't keep up last night. I had to put my down winter sleeping bag on top of my down blanket to stay warm.

At least we've seen the worst of it. It's supposed to get up to almost 50 this weekend.

Booties??? C'mon kel, the best part of Colorado snow is throwing your dog nekkid into a snowbank :D The stuff is so dry, it comes right off.

Hey Riddler, have you ever gotten salt in a dry cracked hand that is really really raw? or snow jammed inbetween your toes? :ph34r:

Yea something like that...then add bitter cold ground...and walk around in it...

I have to put the booties on the little one once in a while...and well yea, kind of like Kelli described :ph34r: She stands there looking like she really wants to bite me...till she figures out they keep her feet from getting cold, full of snow and full of salt.B|
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I know it is, but when it's this cold their paws can't take it and both of them cry and try to hold their paws up, and then just lay in the snow crying cause their paws hurt. I had to carry both of them back to the apartment yesterday morning and they are not light dogs. :S

I think the magic temp is 20 for them to not need booties. Sherpa may be a little lower, but fox is a southern girl and doesn't like the snow and cold.
Fly it like you stole it!

I had to carry both of them back to the apartment yesterday morning and they are not light dogs.

At least they know mommy will take care of 'em B| This last week has been too cold for man or beast, for sure. I've only ventured outside a couple of times myself.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

This last week has been too cold for man or beast, for sure. I've only ventured outside a couple of times myself.

I did my usual 5 mile run last night. Wasn't bad at all. You young'uns are such wimps.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

My car said it was 0 at 8am in Westminster.

So you're the one who bought KITT from the old "Knight Rider" show! ;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

It 1 degree in Lawrence but it was -8 this morning when I walked the dog with a wind chill of -15 or something like that. Yeah it pretty much sucked.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."