Anvilbrother

Quick question about pc and bridle

whatever....It is a new type of EQ to this rig(the old was spring loaded pc). I am not a rigger, assembling at home before I get to the DZ where a master rigger will give it a look over. What is scary is people like you making others feel like any question is stupid bc they are not 100% sure. I already has the pc rigged as it should, just wanted to make sure before it was attached to top of canopy. Thanks

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

I do feel it is better to ask a stupid question and get a stupid answer rather than not ask a stupid question and remain stupid. That being said, I am only questioning the state of knowledge. I do not mean that your question was stupid. But that you should research the "why" of your lack of knowledge in a sport that can kill you. One does not have to be a rigger to pull on the bridle PC connection to see how the forces play out. Think about it.
I am a little bit upset at you. You skydive and do not know how to hook up a PC.....
Take care,
space

I do feel it is better to ask a stupid question and get a stupid answer rather than not ask a stupid question and remain stupid.

So, I ask a stupid question and get a stupid answer...what have I learned?
That the person I asked is going to be a smart-ass and not help me.

Hmmm...I learned something today!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I can understand that. The PC that I am familar with on my rig only has 1 loop and does not have the option to pass the bridle through the centerline. I just had the rig converted from spring loaded pc to hand deploy.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Base283, have you never had a rigging doubt at home? Or is it that you know everything? This guy is just asking to be sure that what he is doing is right. Give him an answer to his question or just shut up. He is probably not interested at all in your thoughts about who should know what. You could open a new post on that issue which surely would be very succesful.

Most skydivers really do not have any clue of how their PCs are connected to the bridle of their rig and do not die of it. Of course they should know but they dont.

So, I ask a stupid question and get a stupid answer...what have I learned?

That dropzone.com is a stupid place to ask a question that you want a serious answer to.

Even (or should I say especially?) if you post it in the "topical" forums where you're supposed to be able to get a serious answer to a skydiving related question.

So I'm wondering if Base would be considered just a Skygod or also a Loftgod given his profile. I guess he won't be getting my business either way.

I ordered a Cazer kill line PC the other day and called my rigger to see if he could check my assembly. No problem, run it by he said.

If he said that I should have brought it to him and I had no business following the instructions provided by Jim Cazer, then he would not be my rigger any longer because gear maintenance is part of the program and a PC hook up in my opinion is the same as removing your main to work the 3-rings.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

Yes, the centerline must be in the larkshead knot.Not doing so can cause damage after a while.

You also want to make sure the ends of the 180 degree opposite reinforcing tapes line up with each other before you tighten the larks head.

This will limit the bridle twists you have to undo when packing and make you more likely to have on-heading openings.

I am a little bit upset at you. You skydive and do not know how to hook up a PC.....
Take care,
space

Collapsible pilot chutes have become nearly universal among experienced skydivers and every one I've seen was sewn to the bridle. Even my Paraflite EOS built for a Turbo Z 205 (read as neither modern nor high performance) came with a collapsible PC.

So many newer skydivers have no opportunity to deal with a larks head at the pilot chute end until they develop interests in rigging and/or BASE jumping.

I do feel it is better to ask a stupid question and get a stupid answer rather than not ask a stupid question and remain stupid. That being said, I am only questioning the state of knowledge. I do not mean that your question was stupid. But that you should research the "why" of your lack of knowledge in a sport that can kill you. One does not have to be a rigger to pull on the bridle PC connection to see how the forces play out. Think about it.
Take care,
space

At what point in your jumping career did you have all the answers? 5 jumps, 20 jumps or maybe 100 jumps? While I agree that the net should not be the last word in rigging solutions it seems to be a good start on doing the ”research” you speak of. Rather than “humiliate” the man give him a reasonable answer and encourage him to seek further input form a local rigger.

Just a thought.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals