CanuckInUSA

Cypres2 and it's batteries

Can someone refresh my memory here. Is the Cypres2 on 4 year cycles for replacing the batteries? Also does anyone know the turn around time for getting new batteries?

The battery change is part of the 4-year check done by them, not by the riggers in the field. I just sent in a CYPRES 2 a few days ago. I'll let you know how long it takes.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

They don't even admit it's a battery and don't say they actually change anything.;):S

$160 inlcudes service and maintenance for 4 years.

Uh, oh...Are you saying we're really carrying little fusion reactors in our reserves, or that they just add a little hamster food and clean out the droppings?:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

It's actually a flux capacitor that in them now. Prevents the cypres from getting confused about what time zone it's in.

Uh, oh!:o
Does that mean if you swoop at over 88mph, you jump back in time?[:/]

It's actually a flux capacitor that in them now. Prevents the cypres from getting confused about what time zone it's in.

back... or forward
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Of course.. that's why they created the swoop version, silly :P

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Of course.. that's why they created the swoop version, silly :P

"Time" it right and you're back at 14,000' just out of the door!! B|
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

No, but if you swoop over 78mph with an expert Cypres you may not live through it.
http://www.cypres2.com/userguide/CYPRES_2_users_guide_english.pdf
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

>No, but if you swoop over 78mph with an expert Cypres you may not live through it.

Not quite correct. You could hit 150mph in your swoop and the Cypres wouldn't fire. If you _vertical_ component exceeds 78mph, though, you can see the cypres fire.

Can someone refresh my memory here. Is the Cypres2 on 4 year cycles for replacing the batteries? Also does anyone know the turn around time for getting new batteries?

Just an FYI on CYPRES 2 4-year-service turnaround time:
According to UPS tracking, SSK received mine on 11 April.
Today I received an email from UPS that SSK has just provided them with shipping info for it's return.
So that is a 20-day turnaround, (not including transit time to/from SSK).