Viking

SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!! GRRRRRR

If i'm getting sick a week before Eloy I'm so gonna be PISSED!!!! I was at work yesterday morning and I took this guy down to main xray. He was able to stand up and all that stuff, and was an easy case for the start of what turned out to be a 16hr day. He did have a slight cough so I kept my distance when he did start hacking. Anyway while he was gone the nurses changed from night to day shift. When I brought him back his new nurse promptly informs me that his Flu swab had cultered positive, that the patient was now on airborne droplet precautions, and that I should have worn a mask when going in, and he should have worn a mask when out of his room!!!!>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:( SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if its the stress of the overly long day but when i got off work I could feel the little scratch in the back of the throat. I went to food4less and got a packet of airborne and put three tabs in a glass of water.

well here i sit at 5 in the morning feeling crappy drinking water with 4 more tabs of airborne and wondering if i should go get a box of EmergenC vit C powder and slam my body with a couple thousand mg of the good stuff.

I havn't been sick since the start of the year!!!!!! Why couldn't this have happened a week or so ago!!!! Oh well I will not be missing eloy this year I don't care if i spend my week there bundled up on the ground looking like Val Kilmer in Tomestone!!!!:|:|
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Feel ya... I woke Saturday morning sick as a dog (cough, congestion, fever). I was cussing the fact that I can't be sick, Eloy is only a week away! >:(

Lot's o zinc, airborne, C and plenty of cough meds. Hopefully I'll kick this thing in the butt before I leave.

Hope you are feeling better!

g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

You have a week. Take no prisoners. Kick this sickness in the nuts.

Can you take a day off work? That's probably your best bet ... just some hard-core rest.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

ok well its not the flu, I don't have body aches or a fever. just feels like a small cold. I'm going to the store for my EmergenC, and zinc, this fucking bug is going down!!!

and just think... they could have told you he had TB, doncha feel better now?

Been there, dodged that bullet. [:/]:| you talk about a scarey two days watching that tb skin test bump like a fucking hawk!!

What's wrong with Val Kilmer in Tombstone eh?

lol i was wondering if you would catch that:D There is nothing wrong with him silly!!

note to self......stay on Krisanne's good side. ;)

While that's generally a wise move (I don't do grudges, and I don't waste my energy on anger very much so it takes an awful lot to actually get on my bad side; I really worry about the poor sap who actually manages to do that), I wasn't recommending he kick anything other than the SICKNESS in the nuts. You can take your hands off your crotch and stop cringeing now. :P

fuck its getting worse. Severe headache and chills.B|B|B|

Exposed yesterday? Sick today? Doesn't the flu (and colds, for that matter) have a 3 day incubation period? Perhaps all that you have is food poisening? If so, that passes in just one day. B|

Hugs,
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

fuck its getting worse. Severe headache and chills.B|B|B|

Exposed yesterday? Sick today? Doesn't the flu (and colds, for that matter) have a 3 day incubation period? Perhaps all that you have is food poisening? If so, that passes in just one day. B|

Hugs,
ltdiver

nope not food poisioning. i'v had that before. no vomiting.

if it's a cold, try those lozenges called Cold-EEze. or something. they have zinc in them, just don'ttake them within 30 minutes of consuming citurs fruit because citric acid inhibits celllular uptake of zinc. and don't take more than directed, because too much zinc is toxic.

anyway, the cold-eeze thingies have enabled me to nip more than one cold in the bud. they really work if taken properly.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Does chugging hot sauce and "sweating it out" help at all? ;)
I've tried everything OTC that I can, to include those Shower Soothers, and nothing really worked. For me, it had to run its course.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.