dropdeded

7 Years Sober Today

Congratulations! You took a big step and I'm sure it's already paid off. I never understood why it practically seems necessary to drink if you are a skydiver.

Beer rules, beer traditions, beer lines... maybe it just makes a good ice-breaker or reason to socialize. Maybe skydivers need another common vice, any ideas?

By the way, do you still have to buy beer if you aren't going to drink it?

That's along time! I have always been impressed with people who don't drink, never haved drink, etc.
Just wanted to add the following to this thread without making a new one. California autoclub DUI stuff. I thought it may be a good reminder what will happen if one gets arrested.

You Drink. You Drive. You Lose.
The costs related to a first-time misdemeanor conviction for driving under the influence (DUI) can easily exceed $12,000 (see below).

The good news is that current laws, enforcement and education efforts have substantially reduced the number of alcohol-related fatalities and injuries by more than 50% in California since 1982.

The Auto Club believes that awareness through education and information about the consequences of drinking and driving leads to life-saving choices for all motorists, their passengers and families.

This information is provided as a community service from the Auto Club and is part of its ongoing awareness program to help prevent drinking and driving.

The costs listed below do not include:

Value of lost work time and wages.
Medical costs.
Vehicle property damage.
Cost of ignition interlock device if required by judge.
Other court-imposed fines and fees.

Estimated Costs for a first misdemeanor
DUI conviction in California
Fines (minimum) $ 468
Penalties (minimum) ** $ 780
Tow/Impound Fee $ 187
Alcohol Education Class $ 500
Auto Insurance Increase * $ 7,300
Restitution Fund $ 100
Attorney and Legal Fees (fees will vary) $ 2,500
DMV license reissue fee $ 125
Booking, fingerprinting and photo fee $ 156
Total $12,116
* Based on premium increases over six years for a male motorist with 10 years driving experience.
** Penalties vary by county from $663 to $858. The most typical cost is $780.

:)Thanks for the inspiration bloke.

While not quite quitting it's been a major bonus to cut down significantly. Those light beers even taste better after a while ..but they must be ICE cold.

It had to be a huge challenge to quit drinking while hanging around skydivers .........

good on ya

:)

Ok great you proved you can go a long time without drinking. You don't have a problem anymore.

Have a beer and prove you can drink responsibly. If it becomes a problem, then quit again.

Flame away, kids:P

----------------------------------------------------------
Cocheese, that is what I did around 3 years ago. I had 10 years in had 1 beer and have lived the nightmare once again. Right now I have quit jumping for the last 3 months until I am sober again.
David

It had to be a huge challenge to quit drinking while hanging around skydivers .........

I did it and it wasn't easy. I don't know that it was so much about being around beer guzzling skydivers as it was about being in a society where alcohol is absolutely everywhere, cheap and readily available.

Walt

***I survived New Years, once again. Clean & Sober 7 years today

CONGRATULATIONS!

This hits home to me because I lost my dad due to drinking. His liver shut down. That is an effective sobriety program.:(

Keep up the good work! I'm proud of you.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys.

Actually, I did aff new in sobriety, and it really was a huge inspiration to stay sober.

Congrats to those like myself that dont handle alcohol as well as others and are doing something about it.
And for those that drink and enjoy it, more power to you, that whole party thing with skydivers is something I dont personally participate in, but enjoy seeing others have fun. It definately aint MY bussiness to judge anyone. Hell, I LOVE partying. I just dont do it well anymore.

It was suggested in a PM to me that I "get a life". Well, I think I HAVE gotten a life these past 7 years. I personally had no interest in anything but drinking for too long. Now I have a Degree, I have a respectable job where I am able to help people (ambulance), I skydive, and I have a healthy relationship with my family. Oh, and I aint tryin to steal your shit or fuck your ol lady either:P

I do pay up on beer offenses, with beer. Thats not a problem with me but I do respect those that dont. Again, not my bussiness.

Thanks again guys

ed
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

It was suggested in a PM to me that I "get a life".

Obviously someone too chickenshit to say something that stupid in public. I think you're doing awesome.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It was suggested in a PM to me that I "get a life". Well, I think I HAVE gotten a life these past 7 years.

DITTO.What I had before I got clean was NOT a Life worth living. It was either eat a bullet or get Clean. Guess you can figure out which one I chose;)

Oh, and I aint tryin to steal your shit or fuck your ol lady either

:D Ain't that the truth!

Hell, I LOVE partying. I just dont do it well anymore.

You can come hang out with me and our Fellowship. We "Party" all the time, we just get to remember it ;) I didn't get clean just to be boringB|

I do pay up on beer offenses, with beer.

If it is a 00 Jump I will pay with Beer for those that come jump with me but for other "F-Words" I do the same as Chile Rellano. I bring all the fixins for Root Beer Floats. You don't have to wait for the Beer light on a HOT Summers day for a Root Beer Float;)

Once again HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.