Slappie

You all knew it was coming

GO HORNS!! KICK TROJAN ASS!!

Got this pic in an email from an Aggie friend of mine. :D

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

And for all you other Texans that routinely talk shit about us Austinites *cough* *cough* it's good to have you on the bandwagon.

Feel free to go back to hating us next week, in the meantime have fun reveling in our complete and utter awesomeness.

:D

Hell Ya!! :D for those of us who used to have an Austin address too.. :ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

And for all you other Texans that routinely talk shit about us Austinites *cough* *cough* it's good to have you on the bandwagon.

Feel free to go back to hating us next week, in the meantime have fun reveling in our complete and utter awesomeness.

I am shocked and dismayed....
:D:D:D

Hell Ya!! :D for those of us who used to have an Austin address too.. :ph34r:

Scars remind us that the past is real

I am going to throw it out there and get run over doing so. but...GO TROJANS....if for no other reason than the sake of arguement.

On a side note I am not a fan of either team but have been excited about this game since the 6th week of the season.

Let the verbal abuse commence. :)
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

Hambone set your VCR because the WE Network (Women's Entertainment) is having a special on the love story between Matt Leinart and Nick Lachey this coming weekend.

Well I hate to be the party pooper but USC is going to win, and win big. BIG 12 SUCKS!!!!! I have never seen a more over rated team in my life. Ive got USC by 14.
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

Well I hate to be the party pooper but USC is going to win, and win big. BIG 12 SUCKS!!!!! I have never seen a more over rated team in my life. Ive got USC by 14.

BigSky

VH1 will have a weeklong feature called "I Love the Trojans", which will show the young lives of Bush playing with GI Joes and a cross eyed leinart playing with barbie dolls.. the final episode will reveal what made Pete Carrol the greatest football coach of all time, the electric football game he got for Christmas as a kid

Are you sure that it isn't the sob stroy of how the Heisman was "stolen" from Vince Young? the E True Hollywood Story?

Gota love Trojan's they've got nothing if not sarcasm. :ph34r:

Hey Slappie, once an Austinite always an Austinite. That is, of course, provided you are committed to the idea of Keeping Whatever-City-You're-Now-In Weird. :P

I'm not going to do much shit talking because I have a lot of respect for USC (that's the University of Sports Center for those of you that have been locked in a fox hole for the last 3 years), and I know it's going to be a good game.

But I will say this....everybody and their dog knows the names of every freaking USC player, but everyone seems to know only one UT player, Vince Young.

For those of you who haven't been following the Horn's all year, you will be surprised.

By the time the night is over you will know the names of guys like Jamaal Charles, Ramonce Taylor, Limas Sweed, Billy Pittman and Cedric Griffin.

[burnt orange]GO HORNS!!!!![/burnt orange]

I think it's going to be a VERY entertaining game. :)
It's also one of only three games per year that I root for USC (versus WSU, Notre Dame, and whoever they see in a bowl game). Fuck the Longhorns! Go Trojans! :P:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Are you sure that it isn't the sob stroy of how the Heisman was "stolen" from Vince Young? the E True Hollywood Story?

Gota love Trojan's they've got nothing if not sarcasm. :ph34r:

He is the one that said it. ha ha ha Its going to be a great game...does anyone know the line on it?

From around the web:

For the past month, Texas has practiced with Jamaal Charles, its leading rusher among tailbacks, and wide receiver Ramonce Taylor imitating Bush. They’ve contemplated putting one defender, a "spy," shadowing Bush everywhere. But, as Texas defensive coordinator Gene Chizik said, "If the guy is that good that you’re spying him, he’s probably better than your spy guy." That’s why he said, "We’ve got to have 11 guys spying this guy."

Bush is the best in America in the open field and will likely become the No. 1 player in the NFL draft this spring because of a full-speed change of direction no one in football can match.

With USC boasting an underrated offensive line that has allowed only 14 sacks and hasn’t missed a start all season, Bush is in the open field a lot.

"We’re relying on a lot of help from our friends," said Chizik who, counting his previous stint at Auburn, has won 27 straight. "He’s hard to tackle in the open field with one guy or two guys or three guys. That’s what we’ve talked about for the last month: How we are going to corral this offense? It’s going to be very important we stay alive."

As Arizona State and Oregon learned, early success doesn’t mean 60-minute success. Keep in mind USC coach Pete Carroll is a magician at halftime adjustments so stopping Bush and Leinart for a half is only good for bragging rights.

In the third quarter, the Trojans have outscored opponents 164-35.

Then again, the Big 12 doesn’t have the offensive firepower of the Pacific 10. Look at Texas’ schedule, and the best quarterback it faced was likely Texas Tech’s Cody Hodges. Have the Longhorns faced anyone like Bush?

Besides USC’s offense, Texas is a 7 1/2-point underdog because USC’s defense tops the nation in turnover margin (plus-1.83), and the Longhorns must pull the upset in the Trojans’ backyard.

USC hasn’t lost in Southern California in 27 games dating to 2001, or back when Texas had problems beating Colorado.

Go Trojans. Thank you.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Go Horns. Grad. I TT and since they got beat by BAMA, I have to go with a texas team to win.

However, if TT would have pulled their heads out, I would be saying GO TROGANS right now though.
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

Flyhi said it all...but you have to also realize that once you stop reggie you then have to worry about Leinart and the recievers and once they get going, you are going ot key on that, and then they just give reggie the ball again. USC has one of the more impressive Offences i have ever seen. Thats just my humble opinion, but i am a GA TECH fan so I get excited when i see a QB that doesn't throw more interceptions than Touchdowns.

USC hasn’t lost in Southern California in 27 games dating to 2001, or back when Texas had problems beating Colorado.

Go Trojans. Thank you.

This is my favorite argument for USC.

"They are good now because they've been good for a while now."

Simple fact: This USC team has won 12 games. That's it. They are not the same team that won last year, or the year before that. Yes, there are common elements, but they are not the same team.

If this were last year's USC team I'd be a lot less confident, but it's not.

Cold hard facts.. stolen directly from the internet.

By TED MILLER
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTER

Texas will win its first consensus national title since 1969 mostly because USC is due to lose.

That sounds glib, and it is, but such logic wouldn't be worth a pooh if it weren't balanced by a cold, hard fact: Texas is really good.

The Longhorns, winners of 19 games in a row, possess an offense that matches the Trojans statistically, if not in top-to-bottom talent. Texas' defense is measurably superior.

USC may well have the best offense in the history of college football, but the best defense it faced this season ranked 45th in the nation (Oregon). Texas ranks fifth, its strength being a pair of massive interior tackles and an athletic, veteran secondary.

Just as the Longhorns must adjust to the ludicrous speed of Reggie Bush and company, so will the Trojans have to react to one-on-one matchups that they won't always dominate. All season, their offensive coaches have exploited clear-cut weaknesses on opposing defenses, but coordinator Lane Kiffin admitted that there's significantly more guesswork within tonight's game plan.

"(Weaknesses are) not on film," he said of Texas. "We're going to have to go out and do something we haven't seen on film."

That wasn't the case last year with the Sooners, who had obvious holes in their secondary.

Texas' offense, meanwhile, presents a unique challenge: 6-foot-5, 233-pound speedster quarterback Vince Young, who rushed for 850 yards and nine touchdowns in addition to leading the nation in passing efficiency during the regular season.

USC defensive end Frostee Rucker tried briefly to compare Young to Washington quarterback Isaiah Stanback before retreating.

"You don't really see that in the Pac-10," he said. "You can't really simulate that in practice."

The fundamental matchup of this game is the Trojans' ability to contain Young on his scrambles as well as his zone-read option plays out of a shotgun formation, when he reads the defensive end and keeps the ball if he believes he can break contain with his 4.4 speed.

He's produced 34 rushes of 10 or more yards this year, and last year in the Rose Bowl, he single-handedly beat Michigan with 192 yards and four touchdowns on the ground.

Young also appears to have transformed the mindset of a Texas program long associated with underachievement, critical mental lapses and flopping in big games. Coach Mack Brown used to twist himself tighter than a Republican at a Kanye West concert before a marquee showdown. Now he claims -- fo' shizzle my bizzle -- that since Young introduced him to Hip Hop, he's got some shake to his bake, yo dawg.

"You can smile, you can dance a little bit, you can have some fun," Brown explained. "You don't have to be stiff, and you don't have to walk around scared all the time and act tough all the time."

That attitude, which amounts to whistling while you work, matches the attitude that Carroll introduced at Troy, which is dangerously subversive to the old-school, stern, control-freak coaches who are sitting at home tonight certain their season went awry because a reporter watched practice.

We've never seen what a talented Texas team can do when it's both loose and highly motivated, though victories at Ohio State and over nemesis Oklahoma provide a compelling hint.

Notably, the Buckeyes and Sooners dispatched Notre Dame and Oregon in bowl games, USC's two marquee victims this season.

Here's a telling exchange from Monday's media day. A television reporter approached Texas linebacker Aaron Harris and vacuously asked the most redundant question this week: How can you guys possibly stop USC's offense?

Harris replied dryly: "They're just awesome. They're the best team in college football history."

The reporter, apparently thrilled with the response, wandered away. Harris turned and gave me a priceless smirk.

The Longhorns believe they are the better team, and a USC opponent hasn't truly thought that in a long time.

We've ambled down a nearly identical road in a recent BCS title game. Remember when a seemingly invincible Miami team arrived at the Fiesta Bowl three years ago riding a 34-game winning streak, but was clipped in double overtime by Ohio State, 31-24?

Miami was a vastly superior team. It didn't matter.

"All we want to do is be the best team (tonight)," Brown said. "We don't have to be the best team of all time, just (tonight)."

:DNow, just a damned minute here!:D I happen to like Austin. I don't talk shit about that town or the folks in it. Maybe, one or two politicians there but, that's about it. I used to go to the 'Broken Spoke', the old 'Lumberyard' and a few other places. I've met some pretty good folks there and have always been treated good. So, there!:D

GO HORNS!

Chuck