Sled14

MTV True Life: I'm a skydiver??

Did anyone see the commercial for the new season of True Life? From what I saw they have an episode documenting skydivers. Anyone know anything about this, like where it took place and if it features anyone on here?
It didnt say when it would be on but this season so not too far away. Looking forward to it :)

A couple months ago there was some filming going on at Skydive San Diego - a chick doing her first tandem. I asked around and was told that it was MTV filming her. Looked more like two dudes with a hand held but who knows maybe that was it.

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

Hah, interesting. They were going to document BASE....

Yeah, I had talked to them several times. They had plans on filming me. They were going to come out to the Potato Bridge with me earlier this year. I called them back one time but I never heard from them again. That was fine with me because I had changed my mind about wanting to be on TV anyway.

I can tell you they would've had a good show if they came! That's the trip I ended up breaking my femur and needed a hip replacement. They also missed all the fun contraptions and silly testing we did in Tom's backyard. :S :P

Yeah, I had talked to them several times. They had plans on filming me. They were going to come out to the Potato Bridge with me earlier this year. I called them back one time but I never heard from them again. That was fine with me because I had changed my mind about wanting to be on TV anyway.

I can tell you they would've had a good show if they came! That's the trip I ended up breaking my femur and needed a hip replacement. They also missed all the fun contraptions and silly testing we did in Tom's backyard. :S :P

LOL, yeah I spoke with them too, many a time. You're right they missed a good show, I saw your videos and that was worthy of documenting more than any skydive I've seen :P

Catch you at an exit point soon!

That's funny. In the end after my trip I called and left a message with the woman I had spoken to several times previously. I told her I thought it was really unprofessional of them to just not call back and then told her the story of the great things they missed!

ASC made MTV True Life? Next thing you know there will be Skyride commercials on MTV. :|

It's the end of the world as we know it.........

I see skyride stickers all over the place where I live. It's like there is one on every street sign off every exit on the interstate. Who in Atlanta wants to help me cover them all up or at least rip them off the street signs?
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

ASC did not make mtv true life. Gunnar just jumps there and so they followed him there. Gunnar had a run this summer where he did the mtv thing and then ended up in people magazine somehow. Guess he just has a good publicist.

You're just jealous of him... :P

And FWIW if this is the true life about gunnar I'm kinda looking forward to it... he's ok in my book.

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Some of it took place there... I was in monroe that weekend (I'm glad I wasn't around as well...) but I believe they also did it at other location too.

I remember they also followed him when he went to a BASE camp or something.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

A man who drives racecars for a living and skydives with the best of them, doesn't need a good publicist
to be interesting. Gunnar is a great guy and I hope the show is flattering to him as well as skydiving in
general.

yes, gunner is a good guy, and now he is also getting around to other local dz's to make jumps on occasion.

mtv was there last year when someone hooked low and bounced and took out the mtv camera guy.

the camera guy was ok, but the jumper died.:(

so i doubt you will see any of that footage, at least i hope we dont.[:/]:(

i was just about to ask if it was the one on tonight... i saw a commercial for it a long time ago and got pretty excited
i think its called "True Life: I need a challenge"

have there been any posts/threads about queen latifas new movie where she does her first BASE jump with a wing suit on??:)

~boogie ho!!
pull before impact!
L.A.S.T#14, PMS #309, Ci EL O DI O SA

The 9:00 show is the OCD one, its a repeat.
The 10:00 show will be the new one (aka "the ten spot"). I think the new one tonight is the gun owner one :P

Yeah, I was disappointed. The OCD one is the one I saw last night that has the commercial for the same show featuring a skydiver.

Sorry to hop on the thread, but just thought I'd let you know the True Life you've all been waiting for airs this Thursday at 10pm (so they say) :) hope that helps
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me