skymama

Super Bowl Party Food

I LOVE little smokies! You can buy them in bulk @ Costco, or in the grocery. Just heat them up in a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce (anything mesquite flavored - especially the Jack Daniels Mesquite BBQ sauce). They are fantastic, serve in a big bowl with toothpicks!!B|

I second this, though we also mix in Grape Jelly (nod to others that have said this).
Usually 3 parts Open Pit BBQ sauce to 1 part grape jelly. Toss in slow cooker with lil-smokies and heat. Can't get and easier than that!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

STUFFED PEPPERS
(MAKES ~50)

50 LARGE PICKLED JALAPENO PEPPERS
½ CUP FINELY CHOPPED GREEN ONIONS
1 CUP FINELY CHOPPED CRISP BACON
1 CUP FINELY CHOPPED SHRIMP
1 CUP FINELY CHOPPED PECANS
4 TABLESPOONS FRESH LEMON JUICE
2 TABLESPOONS WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
8 OZ PACKAGE CREAM CHEESE (soft)
1 STICK BUTTER (soft)
¼ CUP MAYONNAISE

Cut off stem end of peppers. Slit the peppers lengthwise to make a pocket for filling. Remove seeds and wash well to remove all insides without breaking the skins. Soak in ice cold water for 1 hour. Drain. Combine all ingredients and stuff peppers. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve. Best served cold.

***What does grape jelly do to the taste?

My wife has been using that recipe with little smokey sausages for years. They're great! :)
Also, chips, dip and thousands of wings!B|B|

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

The grape kills the bitterness and give just a hint of hidden sweetness but you only get a small taste of it as you swallow as sweet is on back and sides (I think...I don't teach that part). If you can't get over the grape which add a fruity flavor then try apple jelly. It isn't as good but will work.This with BBQ is great on meatballs or lil' smokies and can simmer in the crockpot forever.

Another EASY one. Chilli Cheese dip
1 can turkey chilli w/ wo beans (your choice)
1 pkg cream cheese (large block)
1/2 jar sliced jalapinos or to taste

Mix chilli and cheese in micro safe bowl. Cover and nuke for 3-4 minutes. Add peppers when you are through cooking as the more you cook peppers the more they loose their hotness. Serve with chips.

I have many more if you need them.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I agree with the folks who have suggested things like chili or jambalaya ... one-pot dishes that can be kept warm on the stove (or in a crock-pot) are great for these kinds of parties. Put out some small paper or plastic bowls and guests can serve themselves as they get hungry. My friend usually does a veggie version and a meat version (if you've got vegetarians in the group, they'll be happy).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Bacon wrapped water chestnuts, baked till the bacon is a little crispy and then dropped in a crockpot of equal parts grape jelly and chili sauce.

Is that so the guests won't stay all night long? That truly sounds disgusting! :ph34r:

Lol...Andrea, I've never had those, but it sounds like it might be a little like bacon-wrapped prune hor'deurves. I remember when I was a little girl and my mother was making these for a dinner party. It seemed to me like such an odd combo, but when I tried one...it was SO GOOD! The sweetness of the prunes (or jelly) is a nice counter to the bacon strip. I'll have to try Dave's recipe, someday. :)
For mostly men party food...Spencer once made Mexican flautas with guacamole sauce and salsa for a Mexican-themed party. He made Japanese style dumplings/potstickers aka gyoza for another party. You can buy ready-made packages of either of those at Costco and cook them up before the party. Thai style chicken satay is also really good....mmm, I'm getting hungry. Spring rolls or spinach wraps with plum sauce is also great. For more fast and easy alternatives, stick with spinach (or other favorite) dip with bread sticks, chips, crackers and veggies, and various good cheeses with water crackers. The basics may sound boring, but people will always eat it.

Guacamole. You can make it vegan (even raw) to keep up with everyone's particular diet, and serve it with veggies (carrots, cauliflower, etc) as well as chips. It's pretty easy to make and I've had good luck with recipes from web sites.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

***one-pot dishes that can be kept warm on the stove (or in a crock-pot) are great for these kinds of parties. Put out some small paper or plastic bowls and guests can serve themselves as they get hungry. My friend usually does a veggie version and a meat version (if you've got vegetarians in the group, they'll be happy).

Damn Girl, You sound just like Giada De laurentis! :)

RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Stromboli-pepperoni, hot sausage spinach or brocoli, all good, and serves a bunch. Spinach dip in a big hollowed-out rye bread thing, crab dip-any dip...let's see....Nachos with homemade guacamole can be trasformed to tacos, etc., so that's easy and fun..chicken or pork pot stickers are great can be gotten to-go. Cold pumpkin ravioili is great. It depends on the crowd too. Mix it up for everyone :)

party meatballs:(seriously, just try it!! I know that everyone is talking funny about it- this is good and EASY!!) put equal parts of chili sauce and grape jelly into a crockpot & leave on for a few minutes so it gets mixed together by heat. Throw in a bag of meatballs and stir. Cook for a few hours until thawed. I am a vegetarian, but everybody seems to LOVE these!

Shrimp Cocktail

Go to Sam's Club (if you have one) they have so many appetizer like foods to choose from. (Like cheese sticks, sub and veggie platters, roll ups, etc.)

THere are two good kinds of dip:
1.) Mix Routelle (this is some kind of seasoning you can prob find in the same aisle as chili sauce), velveeta and diced tomatoes together and heat in a bowl

2) Cut up velveeta cheese into cubes with salsa and beef or sausage. Heat in a crock pot and leave on. Serve with tortilla chips.

Good luck!
Blue skies and SAFE landings!
~Amanda~

...What's that old saying....oh yeah...

When pigs fly! :P

Well, here ya go! Photographic evidence!
Now, will you be posting pics of the event?

:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

***When pigs fly!

Well, here ya go! Photographic evidence!

You sure that's not SkinnyShrek trying to swoop. BWAAAHAAAAA!:S:P:)