F16Driver

Sittin in Iraq

Hey guys..don't mind my barge..couldn't resist posting since I was at Sheppard AFB two different times for training in the Air Force Reserve. I remember the pilot training, drove me nuts hearing those planes all night long. ;)

One day many years ago, think it was the Thunderbirds flying there, and they flew RIGHT past my upper story dorm room as I was naked/changing clothes. It was so sudden and loud I almost hit the deck. B| Damn pilots..Just kidding. Hell of a buzz job.

Kudos to all our military serving and come home safe!

Cindy
(who spent a few months during Desert Storm in England becoming addicted to coffee and learning to play cards when we were bored but had to be at work 4am-4pmish.)

If you want to harass one of the ATC there let me know. My brother is stationed there right now and I've got some dirt on him if you want to use it. :D Also knowing him, they have a decent poker game going too if you want to get into one.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

If you want to harass one of the ATC there let me know. My brother is stationed there right now and I've got some dirt on him if you want to use it. :D Also knowing him, they have a decent poker game going too if you want to get into one.

I'm game for poker. I don't know if I want to harass anyone in ATC here, though. They have their hands full enough as it is. The last thing they need is another pilot giving them a hard time.;)

"I promise, I will never die."

Hello Sir;
Airman Aitken, i belive I sent you an email.
Yup I will be over in baladad soon, with ya enjoying the sun and motors. Any advice before i get over there what to bring and such things like that. I was in Qatar before and that was disney land till where im going to..
Talk to you soon sir;
Aitken bugging out!

Yep, me B in I-Crak too!!

I am at Al Asad, just doing day to day grind until April.

What are you doing there? Did you join back up or what?

Hey F16, what kind of a living does netjets pay for there mechanics? I have heard some good things.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Yep, me B in I-Crak too!!

I am at Al Asad, just doing day to day grind until April.

What are you doing there? Did you join back up or what?

Hey F16, what kind of a living does netjets pay for there mechanics? I have heard some good things.

Before the pilot TA passed, there were a lot of mechanics making more than senior captains. Not that way now, but the mechanics are definitely not hurting there. I hear they also have a decent schedule, and I'm sure they're hiring mechanics on a daily basis (just like the pilots). The company just seems to keep growing with no end in sight.

I always wanted one of the Sherpas to land at my home camp so I could jump from it. They used to buzz my camp on there way to a near by air base.

added- in case you don't know what the Sherpa is it looks like a CASA with a long pointy nose.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

May I nit pick?

A Sherpa is more like a Skyvan with a long pointy nose, since they were both built by Short Brothers of Northern Ireland. They share a boxy fuselage, twin tails, wing struts and main wheels bolted to stub wings.

Not much to do except surf the net and see what the rest of the world is up to.

thousands of miles away and nothing changes... that's what i'm doing right now, bored and seeing what is going on..... stay safe........

p.s. if ya have any off the wall questions about your jet pm me and i'll answer em.... got a 7 lvl as a crew chief on em..... i know sheppard afb well, spent 7 months there back in 98/99. last timei was there in june 04 for 7lvl school we got the sp's called on us 6 diffrent times because we were being to loud at billeting.....

Not much to do except surf the net and see what the rest of the world is up to.

thousands of miles away and nothing changes... that's what i'm doing right now, bored and seeing what is going on..... stay safe........

p.s. if ya have any off the wall questions about your jet pm me and i'll answer em.... got a 7 lvl as a crew chief on em..... i know sheppard afb well, spent 7 months there back in 98/99. last timei was there in june 04 for 7lvl school we got the sp's called on us 6 diffrent times because we were being to loud at billeting.....

The SP's at Sheppard weren't all that nice to us, either. You're better taking your chances with the local cops outside the base.