Regan1990

Hook pin necklaces..love em or hate em?

It does annoy me when I see people wearing them as jewelery because they have done some jumps and want to be identified as a skydiver.

I have a pin that I took off my bridle when I replaced it after 1000 jumps. I will some day get round to putting it on a neclace and wearing it, because itg served me well for 1000 jumps not because I jump.

I have also thought about giving it to a close freind as a good luck present, but the jury is still out on that.

Buzz
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

I have never seen anyone wear one, am I being blind or is this more of a US thing?

just because in england you need to wear turtlenecks and balaclavas.... Go somewhere the sun shines and you'll see the necklaces :| :D:D:D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

i think it's cool if the pin was PERSONALLY yours & then it became more decorated as a necklace. BUT people who buy them & wear them are a little too trendy for me. but to each their own.

although i bet it'd be a great conversation starter with whuffos.....

~hollywood

see the world! http://gorocketdog.blogspot.com

I got one somewhere around 100 jumps and after an entire summer of packing. Somehow didn't feel right to wear one sooner than that, but that's just me and my husband thinks that's weird.

It is a nice conversation starter... when I line up the phoropter in front of patients (the big eyeglass thingy to check prescriptions with), my neck is in their field of view and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. Gives me something other than kids, pets, and weather to chat about with patients, ends up getting more interesting stories out of them (WWII and Vietnam war airborne vets, for example)

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

I wear one. My wife got me a gold pin for Christmas and I quickly put it onto the necklace that she also gave me years ago that I had worn forever. On that necklace were three small pendants (faith, hope, and charity). This past month after a day at work, I was home taking off my boots, and the closing pin fell out of the top of my boots. I looked and yes the necklace was gone along with the three other pendants. It had somehow broken and worked its way down and out of my clothing. The only item left, the gold closing pin. We were searching for the necklace forever (yes it was hopeless as it could have been in a bizillion places) and have recently decided to purchase a bigger and stronger necklace. But I feel there has to have been some Karma because the pin was the only thing found. My wife was there for my 1st jump, my 1st solo, my graduation from AFF, my 1st cutaway, and yes my 100th. So it is symbolic, and definately super special to me, just as my Wife is!
So, you bring your beer?

Its 5 o'clock somewhere
POPS #9344

I love em. I've got around 5 and I try to match the bead colors to what I'm doing that day. I've got one that matched my canopy colors on my old rig and also match my wingsuit pretty well, another one that matches my BASE rig and canopy colors, one that matches my new skydiving rig and canopy and jumpsuit colors, and another one that matches the SF Giants colors. Thanks to flygirl1 for making all these for me :)
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

I have always jumped a positive pull-
the straight pin has real meaning to me.

I am so tired of explaining it to curved pin wearers- :S:S:S
but do hope for the time when it no longer is questioned.
:P:P:P

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.