wildblue

Crazy religious bastards

They should lose their tax exempt status, retroactive to the beginning of their protests. I believe that it started at Matthew Shepherd's funeral. That's what, 10 years' worth of back taxes, with interest?
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

You are first on the list to get smacked. :D:D
It was on NBC awhile ago, it just made me mad. There was a solid line of people lined up along the street trying to shield the family from seeing/hear the crazy bastards. One of them even said something to the effect of he didn't support the government or this war, but it just wasn't right to protest at a funeral.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

The Rev. Fred Phelps, founder of Westboro Baptist in Kansas, contends that American soldiers are being killed in Iraq as vengeance from God for protecting a country that harbors gays. The church, which is not affiliated with a larger denomination, is made up mostly of Phelps’ children, grandchildren and in-laws.

I think this is the typical MO for this guy. It seems like I've heard his name before...

Yep. This guy is a registered loon. Drink a beer and ignore the press. No one outside of his private cult believes these things...:)
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

Hundreds of Smyrna and Ashland City residents and families of other soldiers turned out at both sites to counter the message the Westboro Baptist members brought.

So many counterdemonstrators were gathered in Ashland City that police, sheriff’s deputies and state troopers were brought in to control traffic and protect the protesters.

Smyrna is just minutes from my house and Ashland City is 20-30 minutes the other way. I have countless friends in each little town. I'm very proud that the counterprotestors ran these nutters off. See, rednecks ain't so bad now, are they!;)

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Yah, these numb nut were here in Washington a couple months back and protesting a funeral several of those in my unit were attending. It was on the local news here and there were even kids as young as 10 years old protesting along with their parents. There is video of a little boy holding a sign and standing ontop the US Flag. OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH, I was hot and wanted to beat the %$#* out of those people and little kid who was standing on the flag, even though he didn't know what he was doing but only that what he was told to do by his parents.

CSA #699 Muff #3804