Girlfalldown

Remember when?

Do any of you remember when, not that long ago, HH got sick of everyone's shit on here and closed down the site for a while? Yeah, just wondering if you all remembered that. I think it was like a week of no dropzone.com to post on. It stared with a few people antagonizing greenies and bitching and moaning about the rules. Then it snowballed into a big crying fest. Then it was all gone.

It was agonizing and I got way too much work done. Then it was opened up again and separated into a bunch of groups. Don't get me wrong, I like having the different forums but it just wasn't quite the same as when everything went into one big pile.

I'd hate to see something like that happen again just because a bunch of people are big whining babies.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

I remember that. It was great watching everyone freak out.

Wait...how did you watch everyone freak out if the site was down? Is there something you're not telling us? >:(:ph34r::P

I must have ben gone for that . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Please dont bring up such dark and painful memories.

It was a difficult time for many of us and the scars have not yet healed.

I myself was forced to turn to whoring myself out for Crack to fuel my addictive personality. It was most unpleasant as the real crack whores didn’t like me invading their turf and called me names. So I started a discussion with them on Gun Control and Suddenly I felt better. Unfortunately not a one of them could tell me if I should disconnect my RSL or not.
Finally I gave that up and tried to figure out how to get Songs off my iPod onto my Work PC only to be once again disappointed. Then I had to walk up to Random women in public and ask them to send me pictures of their Boobies and NOT a single one of them Did.:(

Yep. It was scary.

Wait...how did you watch everyone freak out if the site was down?

The whole site wasn't down, only TalkBack went away.

And yes, it was great watching everyone freak out in all the other forums and in the Pub. Since I was green back then I think I got 43 PM's and a couple of phone calls that day, all people asking WTF? :ph34r:

Ya know, I remember the Mods being practically giddy when that happened. With all the whining that's going on these days, I think we should go vote in the Team Room for it to happen again. >:(
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Ya know, I remember the Mods being practically giddy when that happened. With all the whining that's going on these days, I think we should go vote in the Team Room for it to happen again. >:(

Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease don't do that skymama!!! I promise I'll be good if you don't do that!!!!

Walt

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

--------------

I remember when we could joke about throwing cats out of planes, and people laughed! :D Now people get their politically correct panties in a wad about this stuff and make stupid comments like, 'how would you like to be lit on fire', or 'how would you like to be put in a microwave'....

Last time I posted about my plans of video taping a skydiving cat, I had threats left on my answering machine at home....

Since then I've removed my last name from my profile, and disconnected my answering machine.

Here kitty kitty kitty kitty! :D

J
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

Chris Farley: You remember when you were with the Beatles?
Paul McCartney: Yes.
Chris Farley: That was awesome.

------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Farley: Remember when you were with the Beatles and you were supposed to be dead, and there were all these clues, like you play some song backwards and it'd say, like "Paul is Dead" and everybody thought you were dead and, um, that was a hoax right?
Paul McCartney: Yeah, I wasn't really dead.

------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Farley: I think we got time for one more question. Remember when you were in the Beatles and you did that album Abbey Road and at the very end of the song, it went: 'And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make'. You remember that?
Paul McCartney: Yes.
Chris Farley: Um, is that true?

:D

Ya know, I remember the Mods being practically giddy when that happened.

Practically giddy? As I remember it, we were all more like ecstatic! :ph34r:

Hmmm - Glad I could help.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Did you IM me? I can't remember. I was crying too much at the time.

Yep. We had those big 10ish way IM chats going and we took over some haiku website too. :D

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Did you IM me? I can't remember. I was crying too much at the time.

Yep. We had those big 10ish way IM chats going and we took over some haiku website too. :D

Ah yes, now I remember! Craigslist forums! Haikus and such. That was fun. :D

(yet kind of boring because no one there gets it)

--------------

At work, my small dept of 10 people has a very tiny office. There is only space for 6 terminals. They got to gossiping so much that they would have "bar talk" at work. Unacceptable, they know the rules of conduct in the work place.>:(

The supervisor finally decide to close the office, lock the door, and kick them out into the warehouse to do their computer work. There are plenty of terminals thru the warehouse but you have to stand to do your work.[:/] It took close to a week before they were openly requesting the restoration of "office" privileges.

Children who do take their privileges for granted may loose them.:|
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken