Apollinaire

Microchip your pets please!

I found an adorable dog yesterday wandering in the street where the UPS man likes to come racing through. The dog (see pic) was wandering around without a collar. :( The rescue agency suggested I take it to the vet to see if it had a microchip. It didn't and that made me sad to think of how easy it would have been to get this little guy home if the owners had gotten a chip implanted for him. I've posted/emailed posters everywhere for him but no luck.

It costs $53 at my vet and I'm going to be getting one asap for my two muttballs that I love like kids. It is an easy procedure with somewhat little pain according to the vet tech. Pretty worth it though!

Please pray these owners call! I'm taking him to the rescue agency tomorrow if they don't call tonight. The ra is a nice place but I just feel he wants to go home.

Well, you could shove a broomstick up it's ass and dust with it................

J/K

How anyone could lose such a cute little guy is beyond me. My dogs are both chipped and nationally registered. Best money I ever spent.......and they are totally worth it!

I found a stray dog last week lurking around our house out here in the frozen rural Michigan farm country. She had a collar but no ID tags. She was skin and bones and I brought her into the house. Our other two dogs went ape shit but mellowed out after a while. We fed her and then my wife took her to our vet to see if she had a chip.

Well, she had one!!! We were happy to contact the owner and give him the wonderful news that we had found his dog. Turns out he wasn't happy to hear from us, said the dog was a pain in the ass and had been lost for a week. Said he would come get her and "take care of everything." We put him on hold and had a quick discussion. This dog hadn't become skin and bones in one week and we figured his way of taking care of everything was to have her put down. No way we were going to let that happen so we told him that we would be willing to keep her. He didn't even hesitate for a second and said yes.

Well Maggie has now joined our "pack" and seems to fit in with our other two guys. She's 14 years old and won't be with us for a very long time but at least she will have a full tummy, a warm home and a lot of love in her old age.

So yes, chip you pets but make sure you always take proper care of them. The former owner agreed to have the chip registered to us. Our other two dogs are chiped as well. It was strange how this played out but it seems everyone is finally happy now.

Jack

I personally do not agree with a chip.

Would you like a chip in you?

The military talked about doing it as well.

On Military Bases it is required to chip your pet.

Laters,

K-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

Our Dog has 3 chips. We bought him when we where living in Mexico so they implanted a Mexican Chip. Then when we decided to move back to Switzerland we had to implant an European Chip. But the idiots implanted a US chip so they could not read the chip at immigrations and we had to implant the European chip here in Switzerland.
Poor thing, but I think he feels very internationally….
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Some pounds and animal rescue societies post pictures of found animals.

I agree with chipping pets. I've owned dogs and horses and have seen where people have mutilated the animal to cut away tattoos and the like.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yeah, actually there is a woman who lives in my neighborhood and has a million dogs like this. I was afraid it was hers and I'd have to hand him over to her. She's already been to court over her dog hoarding behavior....:( My neighbor and I were debating what to do if it was hers. It's not thank God!

My two dogs seem to like the little guy just fine but he is so small he can get out of the low spots all over the fence and both my dogs are diggers so the low spots multiply. So, he's off to the agency today to find a fantastic home! We got one of our dogs from the same place and the lady who owns it is a saint! I know she will do right by him.

Yeah, there are a million of them. I checked the first few that popped up on a Google search. I also sent the flier to the pound and the rescue agencies around town. Still nothing. Sad. I wish there was just one registry that people knew to go to to report lost/found dogs.

Chipping an animal is a great idea it stops theft, also stops lost animals from never finding their owners, and stops those damn nasty motherfuckers who steal animals then sell them to be used as test subjest...it's as if they run a canine Auchwitz!!!

I want to kill every time I see that shit...

There was a program on HBO about just that a class B dealer who was a Preacher at a church and a horrible person who tortured and killed dogs like they were vermin.... all he lost was his license and his land...SO FUCKING WHAT?

he needed to have that rifle put to his head the same way he did to the dogs he hurt so badly.

I also am in favor of recording a pets DNA, just in case they remove the chip...

some of these class B dealers and the thiees who supply them with stolen dogs have purchased scanners, and are removing chips.>:(

On Military Bases it is required to chip your pet.

Sounds cruel and unusual. I can't play golf very well so I wouldn't be able to chip my pet anyway. They aren't made of glass either.
:D

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

We should microchip people.

Everyone should be required to have a microchip implanted, either in their forehead or right hand.

No one should be allowed to buy or sell without the chip. And there should be some sort of identifying number that begins with some universal prefix. Like maybe "666" or something.:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

When I asked my vet about the chips he told me not to bother - he said there is no standardization and the readers can only read the info for that brand. So, unless the shelter that finds them has the correct equipment it doesn't help. He recommended a tattoo on the inside of an ear - low tech, cheap and more full proof.

Actually, from what I read, its fairly simple and painless to implant a chip in a medium to larg sized dog, but the needle is pretty big for cats or small dogs. They recommend doing it when the animal is already under for another procedure. We had one of our cats done while she was getting spayed. The other two don't have them, but they are mainly house cats with limited yard privileges.

Oh, and not all vets and shelters check for chips or have the correct readers for them but it does seem to getting more common.