labrys

Give me just ONE good reason

Is there a good reason to smoke a cigarette?

I need to know that there isn't a good reason, actually. I can't think of a good reason anyway... but that doesn't help the fact that I feel like shit and I can't concentrate on anything because I'm dying for a smoke.

40 hours and counting. When will it get easier?
Owned by Remi #?

I need to know that there isn't a good reason, actually. I can't think of a good reason anyway... but that doesn't help the fact that I feel like shit and I can't concentrate on anything because I'm dying for a smoke.

40 hours and counting. When will it get easier?

No, there's not a good reason to smoke a cigarette.

Do you really feel like you need a reason?

Walt

I could, but it's the only good reason there is, and compared to the reasons not to smoke, it's pretty lame.

Did you know that every minute you don't smoke is time your lungs spend working on turning pink and healthy again?

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

No, I don't. I'm keeping myself as sane as possible by trying to think of a good reason. The harder I think about it the more it sinks in that it sucks to smoke.

I'm hoping this will get me through the next hour or so. :| If I take my dog for another walk she'll have a stroke.
Owned by Remi #?

Why, yes, there is that nice calming euphoric feeling unlike anything else in the world, after your first drag.

Why do you ask?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I could, but it's the only good reason there is, and compared to the reasons not to smoke, it's pretty lame.

Did you know that every minute you don't smoke is time your lungs spend working on turning pink and healthy again?

I HATE PINK!

SDAPS!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Why, yes, there is that nice calming euphoric feeling unlike anything else in the world, after your first drag.

Isn't that the same feeling you get right before you drown? Is that a good reason to tie weights on and jump into deep water? ;)B|;)

I mean something beneficial
Owned by Remi #?

At 20 minutes after quitting:

blood pressure decreases
pulse rate drops
body temperature of hands and feet increases.

At 8 hours:

carbon monoxide level in blood drops to normal
oxygen level in blood increases to normal

At 24 hours:
chance of a heart attack decreases

At 48 hours:

nerve endings start regrowing
ability to smell and taste improve

Congratulations!

It takes courage to put down that last cigarette. Most people feel an intense combination of fear and excitement leading up to their quit date. Being afraid to quit smoking is completely normal, and is a byproduct of addiction. The quit smoking benefits you'll experience as you go through the process of cessation are worth the work it takes to achieve though.

The only reason anyone starts smoking is to be sociable or "cool"! (all depending on what age you start) If you start smoking in school, then you are strictly trying to fit in and be "cool". If you started later in your adulthood, then you're strictly trying to be sociable with your drinking buddies. That's the bottom line! There is no way a person that has never smoked a cigarette in their life can inhale that puff of smoke for the first time and say ....."YEAH!! THAT TASTE GOOD! ....IT TAKES JUST LIKE CHOCOLATE!!" :S

.....puh-lease!

No, I don't. I'm keeping myself as sane as possible by trying to think of a good reason. The harder I think about it the more it sinks in that it sucks to smoke.

I'm hoping this will get me through the next hour or so. :| If I take my dog for another walk she'll have a stroke.

Well good for you, quitting smoking. It isn't easy, but it's not anywhere near as impossible as many people seem to think it is. I waited until I had a really bad cold and couldn't smoke anyway. Then I just didn't start back up.

I always had something to keep my hands busy, though. (yes, I know this is leaving myself wide open, but so what?:D)

edited to add:
It really gets difficult after a few drinks, so be prepared for that!

Walt

At 24 hours:
chance of a heart attack decreases ...

..and the chance for arrest on multiple charges stemming from shortness of temper,
and unwillingness to put up with people bullshit INCREASES by a factor of ten.;)

...Landing you in one of our more serious prisons,
where you will soon find yourself giving hummers to your cellmate Bubba for 'hand rolled-s'.

So in the long run, stopping smoking really only leads to one thing... Prison SEX!:P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

At 48 hours:
nerve endings start regrowing
ability to smell and taste improve

So for a late snack tonight you can have something awesome, and know that you'll taste it better than you would if you had another cigarette.

And you'll know that every load of laundry from now on will not be wasted by the smell of stale smoke -- AND it'll matter because now you can smell it.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Quitting cigarrettes, will be the toughest thing you have done or will do. I quit, 9-yrs. ago. You will, for a long time, get little cravings but, you will have quit and your lungs and the rest of your body, will love you for it. Not to mention, your clothes will smell better! The best of luck to you!!!

Chuck

At 24 hours:
chance of a heart attack decreases ...

..and the chance for arrest on multiple charges stemming from shortness of temper,
and unwillingness to put up with people bullshit INCREASES by a factor of ten.;)

...Landing you in one of our more serious prisons,
where you will soon find yourself giving hummers to your cellmate Bubba for 'hand rolled-s'.

So in the long run, stopping smoking really only leads to one thing... Prison SEX!:P

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Dude that has to be one of the funniest things i've ever read on this forum! :D

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Will powerm kelly...woll power.

Hang in there. You're in the process of improving your physical well-being...the reward will come later when you can tell a difference in your stamina and sensory sensitivity.

FWIW..I'm proud of anyone who can quit that nasty shit.

:)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239