Johnnysgirly

Can anyone guess/know who this is.....

Dude, how do you know so much about him? Are you googling as you answer or is this all stuff you know?

I once lived near where he did alot of his "stuff" I also read about him from articles Dr. James Dobson wrote about him.

Have you read any of the stuff John Douglas and Park Dietz wrote about him. Pretty interesting.

'Shell
'Shell

if it's specific to the US

yes.........

a famous, er infamous one at that......

The way that you're all describing him makes me think serial killer. the one who defended himself in court, but my brain is fritzing on his name [:/]

Gavin

ding! ding!

steveOrino

Dude, how do you know so much about him? Are you googling as you answer or is this all stuff you know?

I once lived near where he did alot of his "stuff" I also read about him from articles Dr. James Dobson wrote about him.

Have you read any of the stuff John Douglas and Park Dietz wrote about him. Pretty interesting.

'Shell

Was that the "stranger ..." book written by a girl friend?

steveOrino

Okay. The pictures are Ted Bundy. I have to keep typing PMs....so now I'll turn the topic to....WTF. This guy looks so normal. He was downright HOT. But the fact that he was a rapist/serial killer......:SB|.

I was looking on wikipedia about him and other serial killers. Most all the others LOOK crazy or look the part. But......wow.

I will post one more picture though. This one is good also, but because it makes him look like what he was.

Alyssa

'Shell

Was that the "stranger ..." book written by a girl friend?

Nope. Mind Hunter by John Douglas (and I think there's references to him in other John Douglas books too).

'Shell
'Shell

john douglas is a FABULOUS author... if you like forensic psychology - "journey into darkness" is a kick ass book!
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Then after I told her how "hot" the guy was, she told me who he was.

Goes to show that there are some folks who are absolutely gorgeous but harbor such evil...looks don't make the man (or woman).

I knew who it was from the first shot, but that's because I followed his story closely, and have read pretty much everything I can find about him. Fascinating fellow: brilliant, handsome, witty...and killed many, many women in some incredibly gruesome ways. And it's thought he killed far more than he was ever convincingly tied to.

And yes, Park Deitz and Jon Douglas have some fascinating stuff they've written about him; he was a case study for some of their profiling methods, as well as part of the character Hannibal Lecter's makeup (there were two others: Ed Guine (I think that's how it's spelled), and someone else that I can't recall off hand...).

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

"The Stranger Beside Me" by Ann Rule. Was a friend and not a girlfriend. Also a girlfriend did write a book "The Phantom Prince" by his girlfriend Liz Kloepfer.

Alyssa

I read the Ann Rule book. I was also living in Florida when he was here. I had a friend who was living in the FSU sorority house.

The details of his activities are too gruesome to write, yet during his trial, women were sending him money and offering support.

(They say that is why JFK won. He was on tv during a debate with Nixon. No contest.)

A good looking guy. Quite motivated and smart.
Law student. Spoke some Chinese. Political aide during a campaign of a man running for Wash St governor.

(a paraphrase of a conversation)
"They say you are a sociopath, that you have no feelings for others. How could that be?"
"I've met more sociopaths in politics than I have in jail."

The pictures were taken by Jerry Gay during some of his appeals. Look at www.jerrygay.com/essays

He's got a photo essay of Ted Bundy. It kind of explains the pictures a little more. Lots of people are seemingly fascinated with him it seems. I can see why, handsome, charming......but pure EVIL. I've been reading all day. I guess I'll have to buy the books.

Alyssa