LargeBoy

desert dropzones

whats it like for you jumpers who jump from dropzones that are in deserts? don't you get bored looking down and just seeing brown dirt for miles and miles?

thats the beauty of jumping in England, you have lushous green land to look down at, full of GREEN fields, trees, rivers... do you find it boring looking at scorched brown earth all the time? don't you long for a nice view when you look down?

whats it like for you jumpers who jump from dropzones that are in deserts? don't you get bored looking down and just seeing brown dirt for miles and miles?

thats the beauty of jumping in England, you have lushous green land to look down at, full of GREEN fields, trees, rivers... do you find it boring looking at scorched brown earth all the time? don't you long for a nice view when you look down?

LOL

And just how many jumps can you do in England in a year?

I mean from 13500. . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

LOL

And just how many jumps can you do in England in a year?

I mean from 13500. . .

thats not really answering my qustion ;) don't the desert jumpers get bored with the (lack of) scenery?

It's sooo gotta suck being able to jump year round.[:/]

depands whats more important.....

Currancy - and not the monetary kind.:)
To answer your question - no - they are usually too busy training, or having too much fun to notice.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Well have you ever been to the desert?
There is a lot of green around here and the view is quite nice.

It's sooo gotta suck being able to jump year round.[:/]

depands whats more important.....

Currancy - and not the monetary kind.:)

depends really ;)

it would be nice to be able to jump all year round, but the view looking down compensates for the bad winter weather :D

i'd rather do 100 jumps a year with an interesting view, than 200 with the same parched earth view

I used to do most of my jumps at California City in the Mojave Desert. There was lots of desert and bushes and Cactus. There was also lots of hills and mountains around and some of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen ! At night it was dark enough that it seemed like you could see every star in the sky and even watch satellites stream by. Now most of my jumps are at Emerald Coast Skydiving near Pensacola. We have a great view of the Gulf of Mexico. Skydive Santa Barbara also has an awesome view if the Pacific Ocean and the flower fields in the valley.

Everything seems more beautiful when your with your friends in freefall !!

Blue Skies, Timber

They're cute when they're young. :|

why is it you call somebody a troll if they post something that gets a bit of friendly banter going?

it seems ok for this place to get clogged up with posts similar to mine IF you know the poster, but god forbid an unknown to get this place going !!! oh no, they must be called a troll :S

For me, skydiving isn't sightseeing. I jump so I can challenge myself, and that doesn't often involve looking at the ground and going "ooh pretty". Occasionally, yes, but I'd rather do 6+ jumps a day year 'round than have lush scenery below.

But hey, you jump in the UK. There has to be some upside :P.

i did my AFF last year, and failed a level 6 jump for doing nothing but admiring the view on the way down... my instructor came infront of me to try and get to to do some work, but it was too late as i was at 7,000 feet... just stuck my tongue out at him and pulled at 4,500 :P

he wasn't too happy, but as i said... i'll just pay for another level 6 jump :)

infact.....

i'm just about to finish my 10 consolidation jumps, and i've done nothing on all of them but admire the view... no tracking, no turns, no somersaults

why not? it's my money, i'll do what i want now i'm on my own :D there's no rush to do stuff anymore

thats the beauty of jumping in England, you have lushous green land to look down at, full of GREEN fields, trees, rivers...

And the best part of that is since the weather only lets you get a lift up once a month, you forgot how grand the view was last time so everything looks great again!

:P
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

o you missed the best parts

freezing your nuts of in the winter when the door opens :S

2k hope and pops well i get to see a lot there :S

or my personal favorite the unpredictable weather and useless forcasts:S

have i missed something :D he will soon learn that there are many special views from many parts of the world :| what makes them special is they are all unique and different;)B|

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun