stitch

Women and long term relationships

Along the similar lines of the "Men and marriage" poll,what age do women start thinking their chances of finding a"good man"are slim or none?:|
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I know some women get all worked up about it ... I figure as I can get older my options increase:

1) I can find myself a nice younger boy who has burned himself out on the younger drama queens
2) I can find myself a guy my age or older who's been around enough to know what he's doing, who he is, and what he wants
3) I can get the ones that some other woman has broken in.

Although I like the idea of marriage, "being married" is not a goal, per se.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I don't think it's an age thing. I think it has more to do with her asshole tolerance and when she hits it.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

must resist temtation to post... must resist temptation to post...

aw forget it...

I know of a couple that married very late in they're life... the husband lost his wife to cancer and then a few years later remarried a woman that is an associate minister at the church I grew up in...

they seem to be quite content... both of them are in their 50-60s...

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I don't think it's an age thing. I think it has more to do with her asshole tolerance and when she hits it.

HER ASSHOLE TOLERANCE?Surely you don't mean...............................:o:o:o
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Along the similar lines of the "Men and marriage" poll,what age do women start thinking their chances of finding a"good man"are slim or none?:|

I just cannot figure out why some women are hellbent on fucking up a perfectly good relationship by getting married...with +/-50% foundering, why?? Is it so they can file suit if it doesn't work? Seriously ladies? Why????
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

I think it has more to do with her asshole tolerance and when she hits it.

After which she makes sounds like a dolphin, right? ;)

Blues,
Dave

did anyone else hear dolphin noises when you read that? :D:D:D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

...I just cannot figure out why some women are hellbent on fucking up a perfectly good relationship by getting married...with +/-50% foundering, why?? Is it so they can file suit if it doesn't work? Seriously ladies? Why????

Without having to work for it, where else can you get 50% of everything another person owns? Seems pretty simple to me.

:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

1 maybe 2

definately by 3
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Why does it have to be the woman messing up the relationship if a couple decides to get married at 50+? It COULD have been the man's idea. Contrary to popular belief, a lot of the time, it's the [B]MAN who decides he has a burning desire to get married and convinces the woman it's a good idea.

But who says getting married is going to mess up the relationship either? Marriage isn't such an evil thing, unless you go into it thinking it is. You get out of it what you put into it. Yes, I realize a lot of marriages don't work. I also realize a lot of them do. And I realize that there are a lot of couples who AREN'T married who are miserable together too....so I don't think it's a piece of paper or a name change that messed anything up. Other than dying, there are no guarantees in life.

You get married and you try your very, very best to make it a wonderful experience. Sometimes though, no matter how hard you try to make it work...you just can't. You have to be adult enough to realize when you know it's done and to let go. If you do, then you can remain friends with that person until the day you die. If you wait until you feel something close to hatred before you let go...you've only hurt yourself. Good friends are hard to find/keep.

I don't regret my past marriages. They were learning experiences. Without those learning blocks, I wouldn't be the person I am today. And I thank each of my ex's for that.
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

My mother is 79 and still single....when she was 28 yrs. old (51 yrs. ago) she decided her chances of finding "a good man" were slim or none. My father was married and had 3 kids when he married my mom...
(bigamy)

I suppose this is part of the reason I've had long term relationships but never got married to date.

:P

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

I always hear, "all the good ones are taken"... :|

But I'm available..oh, uh, I get it now. heh, heh

Walt

I had the same reaction... of course the last time I heard a woman say that my response was "you aren't all that great either".... :S
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...