MarkFoster

imagine that........................................

...as you deploy your pilot chute, due a freak upper air disturbance, the pilot chute flies around and lodges itself in your nose. The bag comes, out but no main. And the bridle wraps around your neck.

Meanwhile… a passing bald eagle, seeing you chaotically flaying in an attempt to extricate and unwrap the pilot chute, determines that you’re in heat and attempts mid-air mating, but during the amorous effort, catches a claw in your reserve handle and initiates reserve deployment at about the same time your main exits the bag.

Your jump partner, then swoops in close (to capture the video, not to assist) and becomes entangled in the mess of jumper, lines, claws and feathers. The eagle, getting a little pissed at your lack of response and interruption by your partner, starts pecking at your eyes. Audibles are screeching at deafening levels…

then it gets weird…

strange thoughts flash through your brain, like… I can’t remember where I left my car keys” and “I’ll need to cancel my dentist appointment for tomorrow”…

Your partner, cameral still rolling, is screaming “far out dude”, or something about your ancestry, it’s difficult to tell which, over the audible and eagle racket. The eagle, evidently finished wants to cuddle.

How would you extricate yourself from this situation?
-------------------
...if ignorance is bliss, I'm in Nirvana... you don't know what you don't know 'til you don't know it.

GravityGone

That very situation is thoroughly discussed in the Skydiver Information Manual...

How the fuck do you rookies even survive without knowing even the BASIC procedures for handling
minor situations that occur everyday?!?!?[:/]

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Didn't pay attention in that FJC,didya? That was one of the first things we covered and when I got my instructor rating and throughout my FJC it's still the one thing I go over and over again
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

That very situation is thoroughly discussed in the Skydiver Information Manual...

How the fuck do you rookies even survive without knowing even the BASIC procedures for handling
minor situations that occur everyday?!?!?[:/]

:D:D:D:D:D:D

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"