Gawain

Update: My half leg, broken body and recovery

How about I say THANK YOU....you paid a dear price for our freedom. Many healing vibes now and in the future. Somehow with your attitude I expect to see you in the air very soon.

Healing hugs...PM me if you need to talk.

Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Right on!

I'm so happy that you're donig so well and how badass your attitude through all of this is. I deal with a lot of different people day to day, all sorts of personalities and attitudes, and I have to say that even though I'm sad for what happened to you, I'm motivated by your attitude and outlook. Its refreshing beyond belief!

You motivate me!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Email - and I'll shrink for you.:)

THree emailed to you...B|

And might I add . . . the leg looks better than I thought it would. The attitude is great - even your leg is smiling.:D:D

I was thinking maybe you could dress it up like a ":P"

or at least a ":)
Heal fast so you can fly again.

. . . and thanks for your sacrifice.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I don't think I have ever spoken to you on this sight however I wish to say how gatefull I am to all you veterans who sacrifice so much to go over to do the brave work you do.

Cheers to you, and a speedy recovery.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

hi Gwain

this is a true story and let it teach you something.

in 1968 when I got mt 3 purple heart. I had been evcuated to KESHINE army hospitol in Japan.

I went awol for a couple houres in my issue pajamas and those cheap slippers they give you. I borrowed some cash from a fellow army guy and went over the back fence to viset a lady of the night.
While gone a general officer came by with a camera man to award it to me. But I was not there, had to report to the hospitol commander and explain where i was. One of the few times i told the truth ,,he smiled gave me the awards, bronse star w/v device and 2 clusters and purple with 2 clusters and said next time wear street cloths.

Those were the GOOD OLD DAYS

now give us a hint WHO will be awarding yours

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

Thanks for sharing the pic's!

Max, you look great, your attitude is great - you are freaking awesome dude! B| Thanks for sharing with us!!!

g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

You look great!!! Nice smile and great attitude. You will be running in one of those kick-ass looking "C" shaped running prosthesics in no time. Thanks for helping us civilians back at home stay safe. B|
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

And might I add . . . the leg looks better than I thought it would. The attitude is great - even your leg is smiling.:D:D

The surgeons have been very, very pleased with the closure of the leg and the "smile" which is exactly what they were hoping for. During the time when I've been wearing a shrinking sock, it's maintained the smile and the doctors, I swear, have been showing me off to other doctors. :P

My ankle is doing fine, but it's in a hard cast, nothing to show for it right now.

B|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I am reminded of the first American Soldier I took care of that had his arm traumatically amputated. He was sedated and intubated. I had him ready for evac, and his Commander, Colonel type, was looking him over. He told him he was sorry for what happened to him. He asked me if he could pin his Purple Heart to his gown. He wanted to make sure this young (19 years old) Soldier would have it.

I remember too many similar stories. I took care of them for a day or two and then put them on the bird to evac to Germany.

It is AWESOME to hear how you are doing, and that you are doing well, healing sucessfully, and have an AMAZING attitude.

Thank you.