Big_Lotz

Statistics project that i need everyones help

For my Statistics final I have to do a project about something that I am interested in, so of course I chose skydiving. I need to as many random skydivers as possible and when they had their first cut away. I need this data because i am trying to prove that the majority of skydivers will have their first cut away from 100-200 jumps based on complacency issues. If you first cutaway does not agree with this hypothesis please post it anyway, the more responses i get the more random i can make my sampling and hopefully I can get an A on this project. Thank you all ahead a time and I will keep everyone informed on my results.

Dan

PS if you are going to Elsinore this weekend be prepaired to get asked twice
You can only appreciate life through death's eyes

how am influencing the data set? I aksed if it does not agree with my theory to post it anyway, then i am going to take all the data I recieve put it in a hat and randomly draw out 50. If there is a better way please enlighten me

I need this data because i am trying to prove that the majority of skydivers will have their first cut away from 100-200 jumps based on complacency issues.

You think people will tell you they had a cutaway because they were complacent? :S

If it were to turn out that most cutaways happen between 100-200 jumps I would guess (and it would only be a guess without the data) that it was because a newer jumper would be more likely to cutaway from brake / toggle issues than ride something in on risers, etc.

Anyway... my first chop was a jump 262 and it had nothing to do with being complacent. I had a brake fire and line twists at the same time. I was stable when I deployed, btw. :P
Owned by Remi #?

I was originally planning to do all reserve rides but my teacher found that to be to complicated for him to understand so he decided i should only do cutaways, As for the hypothesis i had to come up with something that i could prove, if anyone has an idea that they think would be better to prove by all means post it here, I am the beginning stages of starting the project and have plently of time to rework any ideas. Thanks again for everyones help

I was originally planning to do all reserve rides but my teacher found that to be to complicated for him to understand so he decided i should only do cutaways, As for the hypothesis i had to come up with something that i could prove, if anyone has an idea that they think would be better to prove by all means post it here, I am the beginning stages of starting the project and have plently of time to rework any ideas. Thanks again for everyones help

"Complacency" seems waaaaaaaaaaaay too subjective, and it's not clear to me how complacency figures into a cutaway anyhow, unless it is complacency about packing or gear maintenance.

Walt

First, jump #26. Second, somewhere in the low 200's (I'd have to go look). Neither were from being complacent, that's for sure. I still wouldn't say that I'm complacent.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

As for the hypothesis i had to come up with something that i could prove, if anyone has an idea that they think would be better to prove by all means post it here, I am the beginning stages of starting the project and have plently of time to rework any ideas.

How about asking who's cutaway from a specific problem and what their experience level is? The problem would need to be something like a stuck toggle or a broken brake line that leaves options open. You could probably prove that less experience equals more cutaways under those circumstances.
Owned by Remi #?

my first (and only) cutaway is at 268.... my first reserve ride....NEVER.... well not yet anyway :D

CReW SKies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM