ntrprnr

Anyone ever break a rib?

I have this sneaking suspicion that I broke a rib on my right side. Weird thing is, the pain is in my back, about half the way up, on the right side.

Think it had to do with my slammer opening last week.

Reason I think it's a busted rib instead of just a bad muscle pull/tear is because 2 Aleve hasn't done shit to... well, alleviate the pain.

Any thoughts? Would a busted rib hurt in my back?

And yes, if it continues, I'll see a doctor...

I seperated some ribs wrestling back in high school. Mine hurt in my side. But I assume you could feel it in your back.
----------------------------------------
....so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

I don't know if I broke anything... but I did a nice face plant on some stairs in college that might have broken something... I was sore for a week and a half but it was in the lower front so I don't think I'm really any help here. :|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Any thoughts? Would a busted rib hurt in my back?

Your ribs aren't just in the front....they run all the way around the back of you too :)

Under each rib, you have an artery, a vein, and a nerve.

So yes, a broken rib can hurt in your back.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

You would definitely know if you broke a rib when it hurts like a motherfucker every time you sneeze, laugh, cough, hell, even breathe! I broke one on my left front side when a goddamn horse threw me off. Rest assured, that was the last time I rode anything headed to the glue factory.

I'd rather break my arm than a rib. Go get an X-ray.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Sounds like a fractured rib to me I cracked 1 or 2 last summer, it made the muscles covering it twitch sometimes, I could deffinately see the possibility of pain radiating toward your back. nuthin you can do about busted ribs but suck it up though.
Take it easy.
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

GO AND SEE A DOCTOR NOW!!!

I don't understand why people wait and see if it's gonna get worse. I don't think you can do anything for a broken rib, as in you can't get a cast or anything, but get yourself xrayed, the bones might be in a funny position etc etc. Just get it looked at!

[:/]
www.sneale-create.com

What she said:P

I suspect I broke or fractured a rib once (other than that, no broken bones ever ) but I had just switched insurance carriers and decided to "risk it" and not pay for Cobra for my 3-month waiting period. Silly me---I thought I was young and indestructable.

Anywho...since I knew the doctor wouldn't do anything anyways, I just kept myself in an Ace bandage for two months. Mine hurt mostly in my front/side. After 2 months I felt 100% better, but it hurt for a good 6 weeks. I had it X-ray'd once I was back on insurance and eveyrthing looked A-OK:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Cracked a rib once. Hurt on the side reallly bad. Everything hurt, cough, to sneeze wa to die! Laughing was a bitch also. Just to take a deep breathe was a challenge. Go get your picture taken. The worse that can happen is the Doc will give you some drugs for the pain. Goodluck my friend.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Got a 9am appointment tomorrow. Thanks to all for the advice.

Doesn't hurt so much when I breathe... I think it might be a reallllly bad muscle pull. But we'll see what the film says.

I broke 4 on the left with cartilage damage & a collapsed lung. 3 on the right side with a broken sternum and a T12 fracture.

I was restricted for 6 weeks to bed rest only. The drugs were awesome. :ph34r:

yes it was a car accident. :|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I've broken ribs. Hurt like hell, try not to sneeze. One test is for someone to put their hands on the sides of your rib cage and give a little squeeze in. If it hurts, you broke one. Minor breaks aren't much of a problem, I guess a bad break could puncture a lung. Good luck.

I broke a rib on my left side skiing this past Jan. Hurt REALLY bad (I did finish skiing the rest of the day...I'm tough!)B|. It was just under my tit, my bra hurt like hell, hurt to breath, hurt to sit still, just hurt. Kept me from jumpin too! BAD...BAD...BAD...>:(
But no one here is a doc...get an x-ray...they'll give you GOOD drugs. They don't wrap rib breaks anymore, just suffer through it. Took 4 wks till it stopped hurting all together, but about a week of REALLY hurting.
To borrow a line from Squeak...MY LIFE ROCKS!! HOW'S YOURS??!!!

That surprises me that they don't tape ribs anymore... of course, I broke 3 all together and tore loose the cartilage for the floating ribs, so I guess they HAD to try to stabilize things in my case...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706