swedishcelt

having a stress attack

just take a step back and try and lookat the bigger picture.
When i do this and put current events in perspective, i can ussually see that it's a very shrt term stress situation or that the stress is not as warrented as first thought:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I am normally a very calm person. I get accused of being downright serene or unemotional.
Lately though, it's not true.
How do you calm yourself when the stress starts to really freak you out? B|

You could always measure your turds.:oB|:P:D:D
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I am normally a very calm person. I get accused of being downright serene or unemotional.

I bought a Gong which helps me a lot lately. When I'm feeling edgy, anxious, or bummed, I just hit the Gong and it makes me laugh each time:))

Would that be the perpetual smiley face? :D

Beth- One of the bumper stickers on my car says "Don't take life too seriously, it's not permanent." Those are words that I live by and it really seems to help.

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

Recently I was extremely stressed out about life and decided to totally change the pattern, break out of the rut, and do something fun, expensive, and addicting: I started skydiving! :)
It might not actually solve any of the other problems, but it definitely takes my mind off things that I don't need to be obsessing about since I can't fix them soon anyway. And it seriously fun.:)

Matt

I bought a Gong which helps me a lot lately. When I'm feeling edgy, anxious, or bummed, I just hit the Gong and it makes me laugh each time:))

I am so buying a gong now.......

I'm being very serious. It really works for me. I got the nice deep tone and it hangs from the ceiling..about 15 inches radius. Nice:)

You could always measure your turds.:oB|:P:D:D

A truly brilliant stress reliever for sure!!!:D:D

Walt

I'm being very serious. It really works for me. I got the nice deep tone and it hangs from the ceiling..about 15 inches radius. Nice:)
How much are they?I think we need one for the back deck at Z-Hills.:)
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Since new age bookstores terrify me.

Aww... Is the big bad Stitch afraid of the little-bitty dirty hippy behind the counter?

Yuck it up......They are actually secret agents for the left wing consortium:o[:/][:/]B|B|
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Since new age bookstores terrify me.

Aww... Is the big bad Stitch afraid of the little-bitty dirty hippy behind the counter?

Yuck it up......They are actually secret agents for the left wing consortium:o[:/][:/]B|B|

Are you trying to get this wonderful stress relief thread sent to SC or something... :P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Try eliminating all caffeinated drinks from your diet.
I did, a year ago - no caffeinated coffee, tea, cola, Mountain Dew, anything. No more standard "diet coke" in restaurants for me. Either it's regular soda or just plain water (I usually order "water with lemon, please", and squeeze the lemon slice into the water.)
Only took me about a week to "de-tox."
And I'm speaking as someone who was a coffee fanatic. If I can do it, anyone can.
Yes, it really does help noticeably.
Yes, I miss the Starbucks. But it was worth it.

Sweety..........life is certainly handing you some curve balls lately. However, you are smart, beautiful, educated, and extremely talented. It's just some rather large bumps in the road. Next year you'll have accomplished a MAJOR goal that you can be proud of. You'll also be free to do pretty much anything you want. This crap will pass. Just keep your chin up. :)