ccowden

Any golfers?

I don't get it. I always hit my irons straight and with appropriate loft, but my drives always push right and I suckity-suck-suck at putting.

Translation? I have a great time whenever I play.

If you hit your irons straight and push your drives to the right (not slice or fade) then it could just be ball placement on setup. Driver and 3 wood I setup with the ball on the inside line of my front foot.
Just a possibility out of thousands that can f*ck up a golf shot ;)

I play as often as I can (not so much since I began skydiving)!B| I live on a golf course in NW Florida (We jumped into the driving range this past Sun!). Anyone coming down for the beach boogie (Memorial Day) and staying for a while let me know, we'll go play a round!B|

"You made my panties wet!" Skymama (Fitz 09)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I have only broken 100 once. I hit an occasional par or even birdie but when things go bad they go really bad. Birdie one hole triple boogie the next.:P:P I am still newish though so I hope to be hitting in the mid to low 90's with consitancy by the end of the summer. There is a really fun 9 hole par three near my home that's in great shape almost always empty and only costs $12. You can play all nine in 1.5 hours and take several shots. With these longer days I have been finding myself out there two or there times a week.

Anyone use or tried the TaylorMade r7 Quad driver?

Only on the driving range! I'm sticking with my R580 XD!B|

"You made my panties wet!" Skymama (Fitz 09)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

That is what I actually switched from. I got the r7 Quad about a week ago and it is hands down the best driver I have used. I was thinking that the adjustable weighting system was going to be too much, but it is really easy to use and works great for countering the natural fade I have. I actually have 2 of them now because I wanted to try different shafts and loft. Now I just have to sell one! Anyone want a great deal on a r7 driver?;)

I can drive it straight and long down the fairway, hunny, but my short game sucks.

I'm the complete opposite. I have fairly good short game, but suck at driving it far. I just can't get myself loose enough to get that nice fluid swing. I'm working on getting my 200 yard drives to atleast land on the fairway. If I do that, I'm in generally pretty good shape for the rest of the hole.

Chris

OK, if we're not being ambiguous here, my response to that is:

I've been told many-a-time how shocked people are that so much strength comes from my littler arms. I played volleyball in high school and could really serve it/spike it. Same with golfing--I can whack the hell out of a club and compete with the boys.

But, my consistancy sucks. I play drop golf. I always drop my ball next to my hunny's. He's great at golf. I'm a fair-weather golfer (and camper, and skydiver and surfer and pretty much everything else I love doing): The conditions must be right or workable. In Florida? There's no way in HELL you will catch me on a course in the summertime (or in a camping tent or packing tent for that matter:D)
I will be in the water, thankque-vurry-much;)

And that's my story;)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I am looking at clubs on-line right now...:P:P I am slightly jonesin to play at the moment. I bought new clubs about 3 months ago after playing one time with a friend and borrowed clubs. I purchased Lynx Predator Irons, a Lynx H-3 driver, the Lynx Black Cat 5 wood. I walked out the store with a golfsmith bag, irons, odysey putter, the driver and 5 wood, glove, callaway shoes, tees and 3 dozen maxfli balls for just under $600...

I am such a wuffo...