ccowden

Any golfers?

I just started two months ago. I bought some cheap clubs and go about twice a week. I really suck, but I suck a little less with each game. I do have a wicked slice that is bound to put me on the ten most wanted list for bodily and property damage pretty soon though[:/]

Yeah, I figured it was a long shot to mention golf on here, since skydivers are way too cool to play such a sport!;)

I actually have golfed twice a week for the past month so far this season, but my game is getting much better. My drives are MUCH better since I change my swing to be lighter and less movement. I hit about 230 off the tee pretty consistantly with 250 being the max on a real nice drive, so I am not going to win any long drive challenges but I am pretty straight, and hitting 230 straight is better than almost everyone I play with and gives me a really good start to a par 4 or 5.

My irons are good and my wedges from 120 and in are really feeling good. It's that damn putting that is costing me 5 strokes a round!>:( I have really been practicing on that and am starting to see the 8-10 footer drop more often. The putt that kills me is the 4 footer for some reason.

I don't use hybrids at all. I hit a long iron. so I rarely use anything under a 5 iron. Distance has never been a problem for my game, thankfully.

I also love to play golf and generally shoot in the 90's also. Breaking that 90 mark has yet to happen. On 9 holes, my best score to date has been a 42.

Chris

Shooting in the 90s is great golf for the recreational golfer. You can't make too many mistakes to break 90. It sure feels like you are a pro when you do it! Then you realize that Michelle Wie would have shot 20 strokes under that if she was playing with you!:D

I've played since I was old enough to swing a club and hit my brother in the head. Usually shot mid to high 70's. Best round was 2 under par.
Still play as much as I can during the week. I jump on weekends.

Willy

Holy crap! Ladies and gentlemen.... we have a REAL golfer!B|

I played from like 8 yr's old till about 18 gave up the game because it became so stressfull. Since then ive been playing the shit out of tiger woods 2005:D:D

You need to start playing again. I need someone to play with.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

i'm in a 9 hole tournament every tuesday....

...i suck though. should probably stick to other things i'm better at :D;)

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Nah, you just help people like me feel better about themselves!:P

By the way... Monday came and went.;)

ya it did, but i smashed my leg up this weekend (not good). You'll have to give me a few more days :P I'm actually surprised you didn't make note of it at 12AM monday :P

CReW Skies,

Ok, I will let you off the hook with that excuse!;)

you have no choice :P I didn't forget though.....

CReW Skies,

I'm game!
I've been playing quite a bit lately... just finished my custom set of irons, Ping G2's. Killer.

Since I'm not ready to jump yet from my shoulder surgery, golf has taken over as my current leisure activity.

The game I love, the culture, not so much. But I play as much as possible.

You need to start playing again. I need someone to play with.

Yo.

Hey, any time you want to play, just give me a holler. But you've been warned--I suck.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I used to play all the time before I started jumping. I was never any good but I kept playing hoping someday I would master the sport, or at least hit a hole in one. Kind of like bowling I'd love to roll a perfect game during my lifetime.

One of my friends borrowed my pitching wedge at a par-3 course once and bounced the ball off a tree into the hole.

Now I only play a few times a year with family.

I also love to play golf and generally shoot in the 90's also. Breaking that 90 mark has yet to happen. On 9 holes, my best score to date has been a 42.

Chris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shooting in the 90s is great golf for the recreational golfer. You can't make too many mistakes to break 90. It sure feels like you are a pro when you do it! Then you realize that Michelle Wie would have shot 20 strokes under that if she was playing with you!

I've attended a couple of golf schools. Also, the company I worked for owned a course, so I was able to play 3-4 times a week...for free!

As for your 230 to 250 drive, as long as it is straight you'll be in good shape. So many times you see the ones who love to whack the shit out of the ball off the tee sending it 275+. The only problem with that is 80% of the time they slice it causing a penalty. Better to have an accurate 200 yds with an accurate short game.

I hear ya on the putting. People do not realize how difficult putting can be. Many are so preoccupied with that huge drive and forget the 4 foot putt is just as important.

Chris