klingeme

Free T-Shirt for Skyhook Story!

Yeah, I've been jumping a skyhook-equipped rig for almost 4 years and I've only had a cutaway at my rigger's house. Really not worth writing about...the reserve didn't even come out. :)
How's this for a testimonial?: http://www.skydivingstills.com/gallery/3302238/1/183499573/Medium. I can say that I was impressed to watch it!

Dave

Hey mark, i think the guy at skyfest 2006 should get one for having three parachute rides in one jump!!:D:D:D I will never forget watching that video and listening to his story.;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Hey mark, i think the guy at skyfest 2006 should get one for having three parachute rides in one jump!!:D:D:D I will never forget watching that video and listening to his story.;)

No Comment......

This makes me wonder how many interesting stories there are connected to the RWS/UPT skyhook demo rig?

I remember laughing my ass off at JPs video of Jamie's intentional cutaway on the skyhook demo rig, showing pretty much exactly what you would expect to see, until JP flies into the cut-away main, it entangles with his main and then he has to chop also!

That was Eloy Holiday Boogie 2004.

please do share these entertaining stories!

I will never forget watching that video and listening to his story.[Wink]

You forgot the link to the aforementioned video for those of us who may have been living under a rock for the past little while.

I shot the video, but will not be posting it. I'll tell you what I saw. A perfect main opening, flew to the cutaway area, signaled to me he would be cutting away, and I OK'd the cutaway. He cutaway the first main and the reserve (2nd main) deploys. I see a reserve almost fully inflated (great deployment) but as the last cell was pressurizing, the reserve (2nd main) cuts away. Then, a couple seconds later, the tersh is deployed. We get to the ground and he says he did not cut away the 2nd main (first reserve) but the handles are all pulled:S. It was definantly my most exciting (it freaked me out) SkyHook video I shot that summer and I shot a lot of them.

Mark Klingelhoefer
United Parachute Technologies

Does it count if someone with the Skyhook demo group had a cutaway, so 2 of the 3 had to chop?.
Thus noone noticed the actual SH demo because everyone saw the real malfunction, and turned their heads away, thinkning they saw it.:P

Leaving one poor bastard looking for 2 mains?;);)

Mark got beat by a girlllllll!!!:P:P

J

Does it count if someone with the Skyhook demo group had a cutaway, so 2 of the 3 had to chop?.
Thus noone noticed the actual SH demo because everyone saw the real malfunction, and turned their heads away, thinkning they saw it.:P

Leaving one poor bastard looking for 2 mains?;);)

J

J,

This sounds like a conspiracy for one company to sabatage another companies demonstration of their product ;) and we all know that that would never happen......:P.

Mark got beat by a girlllllll!!!:P:P

I guess that makes two of us.:o:P

Mark

J,

This sounds like a conspiracy for one company to sabatage another companies demonstration of their product and we all know that that would never happen.......

No that was really really bad packing from a paid packer, at the WFFC, that rig did not get jumped till SD LI.
I could never figure out the mal from the way she was describing it. Later that year I saw a mal video and asked her to look at it. She claimed that it was the same as what she had during that jump

Get this, It was a "cross over' or "side way" step thru! The rig was passed between the front and rear riser on one side then packed!! It took 39 years in the sport to see something like that, then I saw it twice in one year!!

Mark got beat by a girlllllll!!!

I guess that makes two of us.:o:P

Mark

DOOH!! I should have thought that out a bit longer before "posting", (in more ways than one;))

Correction; "That makes 4 of us."

Recently heard, the "Isle" was walked for the 4th time a while back.:o

UUPT could make a fortune with a Bloopers SH video!