McBeth

Relationships with ex's

i am pretty good friends with a few or my ex's and i know atleast one of thier boyfriends has a problem with it, as did on of my ex girlfriends.. i guess it could be seen that since "you" used to see eachother it wouldn't really be cheating to hook up again, or atleastthat's the logic that was explained to me on why my ex didn't want me talking to another ex.... duno though.... all in all a trust thing.....

I am still on a relatively friendly basis with my ex. We have kids together, so in a way, we HAVE to. But unless I did something that crossed over that "friendship line," I don't think my honey has a problem with my being friends with the ex.
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Beth, I understand completely how you feel. I guess it comes down to YOU being loyal, and a true friend.
As long as you aren't trying to get him back or be inappropriate then just be you. I have had this happen more times than I have fingers and toes. All I can say is, with time trust will come. Sometimes it just takes longer with some than others and meanwhile, you having a good life and a good time is all that counts. I am trying really hard to learn to not sweat other people's issues and just work on fixing my own. :)

My ex. hubby's new wife blew a freaking head gasket cuz we were still talking.... needless to say we don't talk anymore.

Some people just don't have the self confidence / security with themselves.... :S

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Damn I don't know how to spell.

I wish it wasn't normal... people just need to get over it and understand that you can be just friends with an ex. :S

Two of my best friends are both ex's. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I have a great relationship with my ex, in fact he is one of my best friends. We have been together for twelve years, separated amicably (just grew apart) there were no hard feelings.
Life is too short to be mad at someone when there is no real reason for it!

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

So recently I've been taling to some ex's... Is it normal for the current gf/bf's to have issues with you talking to them?

Yep. As others have said. In my experience, everyone I have ever been involved with hated my friendships with the ex's

Its normal and its stupid.
__

My mighty steed

I am still good friends with all of my ex's. My GF is secure in our relationship and (to my knowledge) doesn't have a problem with it. In fact, my GF spent the day hiking with one of my ex's yesterday..(nothing good can EVER come of that) :S:S

Damn I don't know how to spell.

I wish it wasn't normal... people just need to get over it and understand that you can be just friends with an ex. :S

That takes a large pile of security in the relationship and even more trust.
The understanding is a whole different issue. When emotions and feelings are involved, logic takes a left turn and drama starts making some of the decisions.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I am still friends with almost everyone I have ever had a serious relationship with. One of them is someone that I consider to be one of my closest friends in the world. My girlfriend has no problem with it at all and actually, over the years they have become friends as well.

I have only been with one girl that had a problem with my friendships with ex-es. We were together for 3 years and we fought about it all the time. The funny part is that she is now the only ex that I don't speak to and I find it hard to discuss her without cringing at the stupidity of wasting 3 years of my life on her.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana