Slappie

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger

Down for the count?

I've heard rumor he was out riding his bike and was in an accident. This after the Steelers warned him about riding and his NFL contract.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Cool when I posted that I had done a search online and found nothing. I got the tip from a friend in Pittsburg.

Thanks for the link to confirm it B|

All I can say is "DUMBASS"

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/9356067/detail.html

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Cool when I posted that I had done a search online and found nothing. I got the tip from a friend in Pittsburg.

Thanks for the link to confirm it B|

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/9356067/detail.html

No problem, they just posted the story. No shit about being a DUMBASS!!!!

The Original Cabana Boy!

"According to a police source, Roethlisberger suffered a broken jaw, broke his left sinus cavity, suffered a 9-inch laceration to the back of his head, lost many teeth and has severe injuries to his knees from hitting the pavement."

From the pittsburgh news link above.

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

Makes you feel better when you judge others doesn't it.

Remember anyone of us is capable of messing up (in case you haven't noticed we participate in a dangerous sport where people are sometimes killed and/or seriously injured). So we're all capable of being that "dumbass" when we really didn't intend to be one in the first place. So don't get hurt, otherwise what goes around comes around.

Not that it matters, but I'm sending get well vibes to Ben ...

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

You totally missed the intent....:D:D:D

Ya he took my comment wayyyyyyyy out of context.

He didn't have a helmet on. That qualifies him for the "dumbass" award.

I had a wreck in '99 when I was hit from behind by a full size pickup and catapulted into an intersection landing on my head and elbow. I am thankful that the 2" diameter chunk out of my helmet, wasn't out of my head.

I am still sendng vibes to Ben anyway. Hope he doesn't miss the season over a little indescretion.

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

"I'm not a risk taker" "I'm conservative and laid back" These are statements he made to justify riding without a helmet. I'm sorry but if you're going to be "laid back and conservative",you don't ride a Huyabusa without a helmet. I bet he doesn't do it again.

Get well
John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

When he made that statement (July 05) He said he only rode Harleys (in groups).

ESPN: How much do you view riding a motorcycle as a risk?
Roethlisberger: I think it can be a risk. It depends on how you ride. I don't ride a sport bike. If I'm riding a sport bike and trying to do tricks, and going 200 miles down the highway, that's probably pretty stupid. But when you're riding a Harley or a chopper and you're riding with a group of people and you're not on the highway and you're cruising, you're relaxing. I don't think its as much of a risk as people make it out to be.

ESPN: What is the difference between what you're talking about, recreational riding, and what Kellen Winslow was doing? What kind of bike do you ride?
Roethlisberger: I ride a Harley and a chopper. Those are the two bikes I ride the most.

ESPN: Are those viewed a top of the line, high performance cycles?
Roethlisberger: They are like, it would be like riding in a Cadillac compared to a Ferrari, which is a sport bike. It's a luxury motorcycle. You know it's relaxing. You don't pop wheelies, because it's pretty hard to do it anyway. So you just keep two wheels on the ground and you just ride.

I guess when bought the crotch rocket he lost his mind.;)

steveOrino

I heard plenty of snippets from his interviews about the safety of motorcycles, etc. "You can be killed walking down the street." "I don't do any of the dangerous stuff." "It's as safe as you want it to be."

And I thought to myself, "I have heard this logic over and over again from people in a certain sport who tried to convince me and others how safe it is."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I was surprised that the team allowed him to ride without a helmet. I know that when Darren McCarty came out to make a tandem jump it was only because his contract was up other wise the team would not alow him to jump because of all the $ they had invested in him.

http://www.swoopstudios.com/videos/videos-rex.php

How many of you have jumped without a helmet?

How is this a comparison to riding a motorcycle without a helmet?

If Ben would have had a helmet on:

1. He wouldn't have a broken jaw.
2. He wouldn't have lost teeth.
3. He wouldn't have a large 9" gash on his head.
4. He wouldn't have a concussion.

If he would have been wearing a helmet, he probably wouldn't have walked away but he wouldn't have needed all the medical attention he has received. Due to NOT WEARING a motorcycle helmet.

Now skydiving without a helmet isn't the smartest thing to do either. But, if you burn in with one on or not your chances of living the crash aren't raised because you've got a brain bucket on.

I agree with you 100%, we can all be dumbasses. BUT when your friends are telling you not to ride, when you have a multi-million dollar contract the states not to engage in any activities that might cause severe bodily harm (except for playing football) and when you ride one of the most powerful motorcycles on the planet w/o a helmet. It's really is sad what happened to him, but he is a dumbass.