bloody_trauma

when does someone owe beer??

BEER RULES
1. An unwritten law, one as immutable and irrefutable as gravity and backed by history, states that skydivers enjoy the drinking of beer almost as much as flight itself.

2. A manifestation of this fact is the tradition of the buying by an individual skydiver a case of beer (that being twenty-four cans or bottles holding twelve or more ounces of beer, ale, or some similar such substance) for his or her fellow jumpers to celebrate the accomplishment of a particular feat or milestone in one's jump career.

3. It is generally recognized that the buying and drinking of such beer enhances that common bond shared by skydivers and contributes greatly to the body of knowledge concerning parachuting and its related activities.

4. It is a sad fact that some skydivers are ignorant of what constitutes a significant achievement (usually and henceforth referred to as a "first"). Equally sad is the fact that some unscrupulously thirsty jumpers will shamelessly try to "weasel" a case of beer out of a jumper for an inauspicious event.

5. Recognizing this, the following happenings are to be regarded as suitable occasions for buying beer. This list is not to be construed as exhaustive.

6. First jump (It is not required of students. They are simply encouraged to participate).

7. If more than one first is accomplished on a single jump, only one case of beer is required.

8. Participation is voluntary. If a skydiver chooses not to participate by buying, neither shall the skydiver enjoy the fruits of the accomplishments of others.

9. Non-drinkers may buy sodas and buyers may make up any part or whole of their purchase in soda for the enjoyment of those non-drinkers.

10. It is generally recognized that using a reserve parachute for the purpose of saving one's worthless, non-packing self from a gory death requires him to buy the saving rigger dinner or the bottle of liquor of his choice.

11. These articles are ironclad and binding. For the price of an additional six-pack, a sniveling skydiver may enlist the services of an S&TA to represent him or her in a hearing where the committee will rule against that skydiver a second time.

Completing the student course of instruction
First four way
First eight way
First CRW
First time in the peas
First night jump
First kiss pass
First competition
First water jump
First naked jump
First jump on your own pack job
First dead center (measured by a judge or electronic scoring pad on a three or five cm disc)
First jump on a new main or new rig (purchased, not borrowed)
Any license, award, rating, or badge
Getting your name or photo in "Parachutist" Magazine
Gross safety violations not resulting in serious injury or death
Any jump ending in "00"
First cutaway/reserve ride
First jump from an aircraft not normally used at home drop zone
First jump at a new drop zone
First demo jump
First save (you riggers thought you were getting off easy)
Vomiting in the airplane or on another skydiver
First round canopy jump (Geez, used to be the other way around)
First broken bone
First camera jump
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

1st case - Upon graduation to self supervised status (i.e. AFF graduation)

2nd case - Upon 1st Jump with your license

Now here is where it gets ugly :P Since you have your handy dandy license in hand every time you do something for the "first time" you owe a case of beer. In 18 months I have bought countless cases (in the neighborhood of 50) and 1 keg.

The beer rules are supposed to be more than you just providing a drink for folks at the DZ. Generally when you bring in your case folks will ask why you bought beer, this is the time to explain what you did you maybe you had your 1st cut-away. Generally the beer is a conversation piece to build relationships in my mind. other times you will be told you owe beer (crashing through the 4-way team while doing video, crossing the beer line in the landing area, etc...)

last but not least, 100 jumps, 00 jumps you make special (hey it's my 500th and a jump get's organized for you), 1000th and everty 1000 there after.

Most folks like imported brew, but buy what you like.

This has been a public serice announcement :P

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

spectacular, but it makes me ask, when is it that these beers get drunk?

some confusing items there too such as...

For the price of an additional six-pack, a sniveling skydiver may enlist the services of an S&TA to represent him or her in a hearing where the committee will rule against that skydiver a second time. ?????????

First time in the peas ???????

First kiss pass??????
Fly it like you stole it

For any significant "first" including the first time they inquire online about the beer rule.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Listen to only me!!! You must bring beer with you everytime you go to the dropzone and everytime your skydiving buddies drink all of what you brought. It will remain this way until you get an A-license.:););););)
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

Funny you should mention pre2nd... Saturday I landed behind some trees on a grass runway... when Lisa came to pick me up with the golf cart, on the ride back I mentioned it was my "presecond time getting a ride back"... :D:D
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

Some dummies like to make up their own rules....
JENNR8R is the only one that has it right.

http://webpages.charter.net/iskydive/beerrules/beerrules.htm

..and posted many times on DZ.com...search "beer rules".

Of course, if you can get away with lying and get more beer out of them....
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

JENNR8R is the only one that has it right.

I was taught early on in my skydiving career the proper rules of beer etiquette. Of course, to make the beer gods truly happy, one must regularly contribute to the beer fund.

What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Look at it this way: Between 1 & 50 jumps, just always keep an extra case of beer in the trunk (that's the boot for you Brits) of your car. Kind of like keeping an extra pull-up cord in your gear bag - chances are, you'll use it pretty often

we had this thing at the dz where i started skydiving (bear in mind we had a cessna 182 as a jump ship), that if you farted in the plane on the way to altitude, you bought beer! B|

Not enough beer in the world to cover that!
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

we had this thing at the dz where i started skydiving (bear in mind we had a cessna 182 as a jump ship), that if you farted in the plane on the way to altitude, you bought beer! B|

if that was the case at my dz we would need 2 extra fridges///
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

if that was the case at my dz we would need 2 extra fridges///

I think i got off light then, cause i only had to buy beer for those on the load (including pilot)
Some dream of flying, i live the dream...

we had this thing at the dz where i started skydiving (bear in mind we had a cessna 182 as a jump ship), that if you farted in the plane on the way to altitude, you bought beer!

I jumped at a Cessna DZ where the DZO was the pilot and his rule was - if you farted in the plane, that was all the altitude you got. If that was all the altitutde you got; you had to buy beer for everyone on the load. In a news release; sales of Beeno drastically rose in the region. :D
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

we had this thing at the dz where i started skydiving (bear in mind we had a cessna 182 as a jump ship), that if you farted in the plane on the way to altitude, you bought beer!

I jumped at a Cessna DZ where the DZO was the pilot and his rule was - if you farted in the plane, that was all the altitude you got. If that was all the altitutde you got; you had to buy beer for everyone on the load.

That was normally a second offence at our dz (by the way the DZO was also our pilot) If you farted a second time on the same load they threw you out the plane and carried on going. Plus you had to buy beer
Some dream of flying, i live the dream...

Well if someone at the DZ shouts BEER! and it is dirrected at you, you owe a case. A case shall be defined as 24 bottles of good beer, not cheap crap beer.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

***Getting your name or photo in "Parachutist" Magazine***

So would this case have to be enjoyed at the dropzopne you were at to get your name in the parachutist, or any dropzone.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192