Dumpster

Rode my Motorclyle in the rain-

About 90 miles from Grafton, WI to McHenry, IL. in some serious rain.

Glad I made the trip, wouldn't hurry to do it again though.

Learned alot about riding for extended periods in wet weather. Trip took about two hours, I didn't make any stops at all.

Fun!

Easy Does It

I have never rode my bike in the rain. There's something about the pointy end of the raindrop that stops me every time. If it starts to rain while I'm out riding then I just pull into the closest store or place with a shelter and enjoy the storm.

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

Why? I like riding in the rain, it is a lot cooler.

On clean wet pavement you have like 70+ percent of dry traction and modern sport tires slide pretty predictably (just watch out for steel, painted lines, oil, etc). Also, the V shape of a motorcycle tire makes it resistant to hydroplaning.

I don't understand how one "doesn't" ride in the rain. Sometimes you're out, and it just starts raining. What do you do when that happens?

In October we rode back from Jefferson, TX (about 3 hours) in 50 degree weather, and it NEVER stopped raining. The forecast had called for 70's or so and no rain. I wasn't prepared, and THAT ride sucked....

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

lol....I'll have to claim brain dead.... Maaaan, I got home from vacation at 3 this morning, but the trip home went awry when a friend, just by coincidence, happened to be heading the same direction on I-40 about 10 minutes ahead of me. She hydroplaned and crashed her car (and I mean crashed as in hit a concrete drainage pipe going 80 and rolled her car several times). She walked away, but was charged with DWI. I bailed her out of jail at about midnight last night from a podunk east Arkansas county jail. What a way to wrap up a vacation....I'd rather be riding in the rain. But I'm sleepy now....

That's all. Back to the topic at hand. :)

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I just this second sat down from riding home from work see attached for what I had to ride through.

Have a guess who didn't take their wet weatherc gear with them this morning.
My leathewr jaket, my boots and my gloves are soaking>:(

:D:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I felt like a wet cat. Soaked and my fingertips were absolutely numb from the vibration, not cold at all. Something about wet leather gloves must be. But I'm none the worse, and the other motorists seemed to be quite courteous, no one tailgating ot anything like that.

Overall, a good experience, but not my favorate riding environment!

Easy Does It

I got stuck riding my GSXR from Grant Park to Elgin, while it was raining cats and dogs and I was on interstate 90.

The asshole drivers loved cutting me off and coming within 2 feet of me frequently.

One guy was nice enough to pass me then slow down, so all the road grime and spray would blind me.

I would rather have rode in the rain that time, then back in 1983, when I rode past Big Sur on PCH1 after severe rains.

The rode was nice and I was doing around 100mph when I went around the curve to find a rockslide had taken out the road and there was a nice 400 foot drop to the ocean and the rocks.:o[:/]

Two things I don't like about riding in the rain. The first drop that trickles down the back of your neck and the first drop that trickles down round your nuts.

Oh and fogged up visors.

Now hail, that's no fun at all. It's like being grit blasted.

I've never been a fair weather rider myself. Not that I like riding in inclimate weather but I lived in England for 3 years and if you dont ride in the rain, you dont ride. I also live in Montana and several years back thought I was pretty bad-ass and rode my Harley year round. Ice, snow, rain, sleet, you name it. I've gotten wiser over the years tho. Now I only ride in bad weather if I get caught in it.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

I was stranded in the combat zone
I walked through Bedford-Stuy alone
Even rode my motorcycle in the rain
And you told me not to drive
But I made it home alive
So you said that only proves that i'm insane . .

Glad to see I'm not the only one that got that song stuck in my head after reading this thread title. :D
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

But I made it home alive

Glad to see I'm not the only one that got that song stuck in my head after reading this thread title. :D

Nope, you definitely weren't!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

But I made it home alive

Nope, you definitely weren't!

Damn! Not one, or two, but THREE OLD FARTS beat me to it. Is that comforting ...or depressing?[:/]
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

Damn! Not one, or two, but THREE OLD FARTS beat me to it. Is that comforting ...or depressing?[:/]

Who are you calling an old fart? >:(:P
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

The rode was nice and I was doing around 100mph when I went around the curve to find a rockslide had taken out the road and there was a nice 400 foot drop to the ocean and the rocks.

Yeah - What happened - You're still alive, so tell the tale!

Easy Does It