vt1977

Barcelona

This time next week I will be in Barcelona! :)
My schedule is:

2 days in Barcelona
1 day on the beach B|
3 days jumping at Empuriabrava :)
So... I'm after suggestions of things to do/see whilst in Barcelona. I have been to Barcelona once before, but only for an afternoon.

Ideas please???

Vicki

Yay!

Check out the architectural peices from Gaudi: the Sagarda Famillia;The Guell Park; The Appartment that you can visit.

Take the funecular to the top of Mount Tipidago (I think thats the name...) that overlooks the city.

Wonder in the Old Gothic town.

Eats lots of Paella in small restaurants not on the beach (those serve pre made stuff... yuk lol). Actually, the Paella at the Oasis at Empuria is damm good too!

Actually, my favorite food there is to get a giant plate of Jamon Iberico, a bottle of Rioja, sit on a terrasee and watch life go by!
Remster

hey chic!
you'll have a blast for sure!
i went to barcelona and stayed in a hostel on the beach, although it was winter. it was beauiful with great sites and great people and great food!

here's a link to my pics for spain only... most are in barcelona!
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/alanabyrnes/album?.dir=64bb&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Just got back from barcelona last week.....my recomendation is to do exactly what Remster suggested. DO NOT pay to go into the the Sagarda Famillia....unless you just want to spend 8 euro. Only you get to see inside that you cant from the out is all the scafoling. The insdide is still under construction.

Also check out the RAblas at night. Enjoy, I had a blast.
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

Only you get to see inside that you cant from the out is all the scafoling

The tour and accessible areas may have changed since I saw it, but you could walk all the way up the spires and see all the detailed sculpture up there too... Its pretty awsome to see all the fucked up surrealist visions that Gaudi had, even in the small details in places most wouldnt see!

And yeah, I forgot about The Ramblas.. Fun street, really comes alive at about 6PM when all the locals do their afternoon strolls! For Night time fun, there are a bunch of bars on the side of the old port that are really cool! I remmeber a sexy waitress dressed like a nurse with a giant seringe full of booze! B| Tho that may not be Vicky's style! :D
Remster

go INSIDE the Sagrada Famila, and hopefully be there for mass, as it is about now that they start having ceremonies inside.

Parc Guëll for sure.

Tibidabo (that's the correct spelling)

Go at the aquarium, take the cablecar across the harbour

Sorry, you just missed SONAR www.sonar.es

If you want more info, PM or DD me.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM