grue

Would you eat human meat, given the opportunity?

If someone was offering me the "opportunity" I would have to say HELL NO!!! The thought makes my stomach turn. But, if it was a nessecity, Donner party sorta thing, I can't say that I wouldn't. I would have to be on the verge of death before I would taste human flesh, and that is a fact.

Joe.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

Would that make a Donner Kebab?

:D

ew. [:/]

As a last resort effort to survive, yes.

Which reminds me: I need to look into a survival skills course... the more of those I have, the less likely I'll have to eat anyone, should that unlikely scenario present itself...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Which reminds me: I need to look into a survival skills course... the more of those I have, the less likely I'll have to eat anyone, should that unlikely scenario present itself...

Or, at the very least, give you some cooking techniques... :P

Consider this: If you've ever swallowed any blood then you're not only a cannibal, you've actually consumed part of your own body. Ech.:P:|

So? Anyone who's eaten a booger has done that too.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I can hardly wrap my mind around this concept.

I know I couldn't do it knowingly, and if someone said that is what I'd just ate, I'd hurl. There's no way I could have a Hanibal Lecter dinner, even with the Chianti and Farva beans!

I know PETA doesn't agree, but human beings should make the menu, not be on it.

That said, you never really know what you'd do until that Donner party moment comes, especially if you have children w/you that you are trying to save. I pray to God I never know.

I'm so nauseous right now thinking about it - YEEEECK!
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

In a survival situation I could definitely do it. Remember that movie "Alive"? True story, plane crashes high in the mountains somewhere (Andes I think) and the survivors eat the bodies of the victims. One of the survivors said in an interview years later that he found peace about the cannibalism by considering it like a heart transplant; taking tissue from a dead person so he could live.

Matt

If you were absolutely 100% sure the meat was safe, and that the prior owner () wouldn't mind?

Why or why not?

Easy..........if you eat a human your body is UNABLE to digest some of the proteins. Those proteins gather in parts of your brain and destroy it. Causing a "Mad Cow" or CJD disease. Sometimes takes 20 years or more to manifest itself. Unless aparently, you have a gene preventing this disease. As noted in this article.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2937187.stm

So.........even if you ate human flesh for survival......it may kill you later. :S