rwieder

Hey Gals - Guys, What If You Were Into A Sport That You Loved Mor Than kydiving?

Would you quit, and persue the sport, or would you blow it off and keep on skydiving?

I've got 3 mucho bad-ass 1/4 mile cars and one 240" Rail with a 426 Hemi. I'm telling you it's a rush from hell. I have a driver who pilots the cars when i'm not home. He actually drives them more and better than i. I'm also thinking of getting into open wheel racing. But i'm torn between the two. Dammit.

What would you gals & guys do? At this point i'm going to continue to jump camera and take time to make the right decision. I hate hard decisions! [:/]
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

does it have to be one or the other?

You can jump a day a month and see how the new endeavor pans out. Obviouly your performance will drop a bit with lower currency.

I like to try something new each year, do it enough to get to basic competency. Then it survives or dies on the merits along with the 1 primary sport and a couple secondaries.

I have a feeling life would be like it is now.

I love skydiving, but I also love the martial arts and mt biking. I ride about 5 times a month. I go to class twice a week and I jump every weekend.

I also really enjoy motorcycles, so I ride as much as I can. I haven't done a good long trip since last year, this year I only did about 500 miles in 2 days. I need another 800+ in a day trip...got one planned for August, we'll see how it goes.

I guess the biggest downfall is not having the money to persue any of them very well right now. Even skydiving, I'm jumping but I'm scrimping to save up for some new gear (canopy). I haven't really spent any money on my bike, on mt biking or martial arts in a long time either (unless you count my last belt test and basic maintance/fuel for my motorcycle). The local trail system is city owned and free to me. So I guess I need to get really good and get a sponser to help pay for the skydiving. Atleast I can still do tandems and coach jumps to pay for the jumping its self.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

If you feel like you can pursue both within your comfort level for safety, currency, and $pending, then go for both. Despite what some people think, you *are* allowed to stop skydiving if you choose!:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I love skydiving, but I also love the martial arts and mt biking. I ride about 5 times a month. I go to class twice a week and I jump every weekend.

I also really enjoy motorcycles, so I ride as much as I can.

Throw weight lifting and and nice guitars into that mix, take out the mountain biking, and theres my life :)
Its full. Very full.

But DAMN, I only get one life so I'm living the hell out of it ;)

I cant imagine having to give up any of my passions or having to choose between them.
__

My mighty steed

Don't you think you have to be a 100%er to be really good at one of the two? Or three? Everything takes place on the weekends, thein lies the problems for me.

You don't have to be a 100%er, one weekend a month is more then a LOT of skydivers out there. Then again, some DZs do some weekday stuff. I know Aggieland tends to jump on Wednesdays (sometimes) and we have Hop-n-pop Thursdays out of the 182.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hey Mr. Intense, Decide whether you want to be a star or be happy. And good luck with being a star cause there are a lot of star-want-to-be's out there already and they don't seem incredibly happy or satisfied with themselves. I would focus on being happy in the moment and if that means taking a breaky-poo from skydiving, so be it. You'll be a more rounded person if you just follow your heart. :)
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

I wouldn't mind getting into another activity to take up some of my time that wasn't as expensive a skydivingB|B|.........basketweaving comes to mind.B|
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

sell all your car stuff and buy new
gear/jumps B|

I already have new gear and prepaid jumps a two DZ's. It's lap times i'm concerned about! I really got hooked when i did the Richard Petty Driving Experience last fall at the Nextel Cup Race At Texas World Motor Speed Way. Man, driving one of those stock cars is the shiznits! We got to do 30 laps, i started 17th and finished fourth. (No beating and banging allowed, they'll Black Flag ya!) I can see why those guys race 36 out of 52 weeks a year.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

I would do what I want---always do.:P

I've always been frank about skydiving being one of many hobbies of mine. When I first started, of course, I was at the DZ every weekend for at least a year or more. But the "newness" of it wore off like anything else.

I love trying new things and keeping my brain stimulated. Often when you're trying something new, you're also learning something new. And I love that.:)
Some people are really, really good at one thing and some are pretty good at a lot of things. I would likely fall into the latter category.:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

sell all your car stuff and buy new gear/jumps

Yea, see the problem with that is you'll end up buying it all back later in life.:P

I was in college and sold three surfboards, two wakeboards & scuba gear to help pay for AFF. Nevermind I had gotten all of the above for FREE.:S
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.